Whats the deal with an iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Prawnstar69, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Prawnstar69 macrumors regular

i mean, can i buy an ipad from anywhere in the world? or only in my country like an iPhone?:apple:

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

If you are getting the wifi-only model, then you can buy it anywhere. If you are getting the cellular version, then you have to get a model that will work with the cellular carrier you will use. While you don't necessarily have to buy it in your country, figuring out which models work with which cellular company can get tricky. For instance, in the U.S., there's the Verizon, AT&T and Sprint models. If you ask me which model will work in Spain (for example), I couldn't tell you. The information is out there somewhere, but you need to dig for it.

3. Prawnstar69 thread starter macrumors regular

Ok thank you for ur reply!

4. moonman239 macrumors 68000

I suggest looking at your local brick-and-mortar or online Apple store. They can tell you if the cellular model supports any local carriers, and if so, which ones.

5. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

Most of the world is GSM of some level or another so you are best off with the 'att' model. IF you are going to spend any major time in the US then a Verizon or Sprint might give you better pricing but you'd want to make sure it has a SIM also. Same if you are getting one in Asia where there are still CDMA nets.

the only other thing to know is that you might be stuck with 3g and not LTE or 4g depending on the country.