What's the deal with calling an Apple retail store?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by zama36, Jul 22, 2011.

1. zama36 macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_4 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8K2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Don't get me wrong, I'm a Mac fan, own three macs, an Apple TV, an iPhone, an iPad and Apple stock. Products great, customer service great, warranty great.

However, when ever I call the Apple retail store to ask a question, I'm either put on hold forever or hung up on while waiting. This week alone while trying to see if it was too late to take my MBP in for service since I was running late from work I was left on hold for 18 minutes only to be hung up on. Next call 3 minutes waiting hung up. Next call answered right away. Tonight trying to figure out when my MBP would be done since it's already past the time frame the Genius told me hung up on twice while waiting only to have the third call go to voicemail since it was after the store closed.

I understand that they are busy but if Apple doesn't want people calling their stores they shouldn't publish the phone numbers on it's website. Thoughts?

2. Boeing747 macrumors member

Maybe your apple store isn't really an apple store but a top secret FBI base?

3. zama36 thread starter macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_4 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8K2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Huh?!

Just curious if my local Apple store just sucks or if it is indicative of all Apple stores.

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I've called both ones near me and they suck at answering the phones.

5. borisiii macrumors 6502

This week probably wasn't the best time to call with lion and all the new hardware. They most likely had way more calls than usual.

I have never been hung up on while waiting, but sometimes it does take ages.

When you call and it says there are 8 calls ahead of you or whatever, and that number slowly goes down, I can't help but wonder if no one is actually answering the phones, and the only reason that you seem to be moving up the line is because the people ahead of you are giving up. Or maybe I'm just cynical...

6. tktaylor1 macrumors 6502a

tktaylor1