All iPads What's the deal with "Delivers 11/4" ?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by anthonymoody, Nov 2, 2013.

1. anthonymoody macrumors 68020

Ordered for delivery right when the online store opened. Too lazy to hit an apple store for pickup. Straight away it said Delivers 11/4. Great.

Weird thing though is that I still cannot track it. And it also says the order cannot be cancelled at this point.

Anyone know the story? Is it just going to show up on Monday the 4th with no tracking info in advance? I've ordered lots of stuff from Apple right at the opening bell in the past and don't recall a situation like this.

2. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

I reckon they can do it. I ordered a few refurb iPads from the Apple Store 10/25. Arrived on my door 10/28. I reckon 11/1 order with 11/4 delivery should be quite doable for them.

3. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

I ordered immediately after and mine finally shipped at 1:30 a.m CDT this morning out of Nashville, TN.

I wouldn't worry. Apple's shipping times are generally on the mark. The FedEx cut off for a Saturday to Monday overnight delivery is like noon today (and for a customer like Apple that drop ships, it's likely even later today or tonight). Apple has plenty of time.

4. anthonymoody thread starter macrumors 68020

Thanks. Well I just got the shipping confirmation emails, including tracking. Funny that it's two separate shipments even though it was a single order. Anyway, they shipped from PA and show delivery for Monday the 4th as promised :)