Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

creativedogmedia

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 26, 2011
Seen some press on it and most are saying JB is unlikely for a year or so...I dont believe that for one moment. What is the take on here?

007p

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2012
7.1 isn't jailbreakable with evasion 7.

Anything more than that is just speculation.

Evaders probably won't start looking at 7.1 until its actually released, and then its up to them to decide whether they have enough exploits to burn on it or to just wait till iOS 8 is out - which is where the 'next year' comment is coming from.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Some of the early betas were jailbreakable with evasi0n, but in the newest betas (and public release), I believe Apple blocked the evasi0n vulnerabilities.

Outside of the hacker circle, it's anyone's guess as to what this does to the jailbreak options of 7.1 - all just speculation.
So no one can give you an accurate "take" (answer) until the release happens and the hackers give an opinion.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
Seen some press on it and most are saying JB is unlikely for a year or so...I dont believe that for one moment. What is the take on here?

Deal for a Jailbreak for 7.1? I have a deal for you. Send me cash or money order for $100 and I'll jailbreak your 7.1 for you. LOL, just kidding.

But seriously, "most say a year or more" is utter garbage. There's no way anyone can say it'll be a day, a year, or ten years. People say the same thing every major release, and the fact is it's never been a year. As long as humans are programming software there will be humans that can outsmart the humans programming the software via bugs and glitches. Otherwise Windows users wouldn't be getting 27 service pack updates popping up every other day. LOL

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
But seriously, "most say a year or more" is utter garbage. There's no way anyone can say it'll be a day, a year, or ten years. People say the same thing every major release, and the fact is it's never been a year. As long as humans are programming software there will be humans that can outsmart the humans programming the software via bugs and glitches. Otherwise Windows users wouldn't be getting 27 service pack updates popping up every other day. LOL

This.

No one knows except the hackers. And even they probably don't know when the tool could be released. On top of that, even when they make public comments, they don't give ETAs so all press/blog news is pure speculation.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
This.

No one knows except the hackers.

They don't even know. IOS 7.1 (final) isn't out yet, therefor nobody, not even the creators of jailbreaks, have their hands on iOS 7.1 to even begin the process of looking for bugs to exploit.

white4s

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2011
New Jersey
Yes, but I was talking about after 7.1 is officially released.
If there is no jb yet for that iOS version then one shouldn't update.
Unless they want to be stock.

oh ok, yea they'll be ****ed if they don't know that 7.1 wont be jailbreaked for a while, if it even happens

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
I'm guessing we may see an exploit used for 7.1 as the last hurrah before iOS 8. Then again, by the time 7.1 goes mainstream, it'll be 2, 3 months at most, before iOS 8 betas ... so it's 50/50 I'd say.

oplix

Suspended
Jun 29, 2008
New York, NY
don't worry about upgrading. The major new feature in ios 7.1 is they changed the square call button to a circle.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
don't worry about upgrading. The major new feature in ios 7.1 is they changed the square call button to a circle.

While there certainly are a lot of improvements under the hood (on which I frequently posted; see e.g. my memory usage / Safari benchmarks), not being able to upgrade isn't THAT big an issue, not even for 64-bit users.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.