What's the deal with the Intel modem phones?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by seadragon, Feb 1, 2017.

1. seadragon Contributor

seadragon

Are they really that bad? I've been reading posts about poor LTE performance and bluetooth skipping problems with models containing the Intel modem. Unfortunately, here in Canada, that is the only model Apple sells.

2. pcunite macrumors member

I don't know. I've read that if you buy directly from Apple you'll get the Qualcomm modem.

3. geoff5093 macrumors 68000

geoff5093

Are you sure? I thought if you bought it directly through Apple you get an Intel version for ATT/T-Mobile and Qualcomm for Verizon/Sprint. I did hear that Best Buy only sells the Qualcomm model though.

4. jetsam macrumors 6502

5. seadragon thread starter Contributor

seadragon

I think that is true in the US. In Canada, the Apple Store only sells the A1784 model which is the one with the Intel modem.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 1, 2017 ---
    Thanks... I appreciate the link. I'll read through that thread.

6. theshoehorn macrumors 6502

Honestly, I've had the Intel version (AT&T) from day 1, and have had no issues... Sometimes i think people like to complain just to complain.

7. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

I don't know if that is the case or not. I have the blue-tooth skipping issue. Is it enough to make the phone not worth it? No. It is highly annoying when you're listening to a podcast. For the price we've paid for these things there shouldn't be massive amounts of hardware issues. Software is understandable somewhat.

8. Thor_1 macrumors 6502a

Intel with T-Mobile here. No issues with Bluetooth skipping. Using cheap Amazon wireless headphones too. Not noticed any speed difference from my 6s.

9. jshtroutman macrumors regular

jshtroutman

10. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

My introduction day att 7+ has shown no symptoms of a problem and I use two different wireless headphones often. Not saying there is not a problem but my music has played with out flaw.