What's the delay from announcement to store update?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kattjeveln, May 25, 2013.

1. kattjeveln macrumors member

I live in Sweden, Europe, and I'm in a pickle.

I'm getting a new laptop as a gift from my company next week, but I've heard that the MacBooks are soon to be upgraded. Therefore I plan on buying a macbook and return it for a newer model. Thing is, I only have 14 days to do this.

So, the question is, I've heard that the WWDC convention is on june 10th, how long after that is it until the Apple store in Sweden gets updated with the new computers? Anyone know this by experience?

Thanks!!

2. leman macrumors 604

It can vary between few weeks and few month. I am afraid its not something one can reliably predict. The question whether they will 'announce' new products at WWDC or whether they will actually release them. In the later case, it is usually possible to order the items instantly from the online store (will take a week or two to arrive). The physical stores should get the new models within 1-3 weeks, but some of them (mainly the prominent ones) will already have them on the next day.

3. Ricanlegend macrumors 6502a

You can also return it for store credit

4. dusk007 macrumors 68040

dusk007

I would consider it unlikely that there will be new Macs at the WWDC. If there would be the roll out is quite quick usually with actual apple stores but most in Europe are only resellers. More likely though a update of the mac line is still months down the road.
    A couple days after NDA fall by Intel is very unlikely with all the stuff about the USB bug and tight supply early on. Macs are fairly high volume and the last few times around they updated about 2 months after a new chip release.

People are too optimistic.