What's the diff between text field and label ?

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by iNeedAnsurs, Nov 18, 2012.

1. iNeedAnsurs macrumors newbie

Im trying to add & subtract user inputs . Couple text fields , and labels , maybe some tabs ... Thanks for your help in advance :cool:

2. iNeedAnsurs thread starter macrumors newbie

What's the diff between text field and label ?

The functions and capabilities ?

3. Comeagain? macrumors 68020

Comeagain?

Text fields are where users type. Labels are where you (the dev) types - labels something.

4. iNeedAnsurs thread starter macrumors newbie

5. chambord macrumors member

You need to get a book and read through it and work through the examples. You shouldn't keep making these ridiculous threads asking extremely vague questions and expect any reasonable help. Go do your own work. Don't be lazy.

6. ArtOfWarfare macrumors 604

ArtOfWarfare

Fields as in text fields or fields as in members of a class?

You can subclass either a UILabel or a UITextField to give them whatever variables you need them to have.

UITextFields can be dropped in your storyboards or xibs wherever you please.

UITextFields are for user input. UILabels are for output. The text box you type your response in is like a UITextField. You may edit your response. The text box where you see my message to you (right here) is like a UILabel - you, a common user, cannot edit what I have said, you can only read it.

7. jnoxx macrumors 65816

jnoxx

Using an Hashtag on an forum, I find that quite saddening.
    None the less, the things you want to learn is basic Objective-C and Cocoa Touch.
    How do I get info from UITextFields, what kind of info do I want, numbers, text.
    What will I try to validate from the fields, give output to user on the fly, or only after they pressed a button, and so on.