Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brayhite

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
N. Kentucky
Just wondering what the quickest way to essentially reset the jailbreak is. Not restore back to Apple's 4.3.x but to what a phone that was just jailbroken would be. Do I just rerun redsn0w or jailbreakme.com?

msgkar03

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2011
should just be able to shift-restore in iTunes and select the custom firmware you used to jailbreak it in the first place

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
What gen iPhone the 3GS and iPhone 4 require shsh blobs to restore to any previous firmware. If you provided more info it be helpful to you.

brayhite

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
N. Kentucky
What gen iPhone the 3GS and iPhone 4 require shsh blobs to restore to any previous firmware. If you provided more info it be helpful to you.

iPhone 4, running on 4.3.3 right now, originally jb'd with redsn0w. But I don't want to restore to a previous firmware. Stay on the one I have, just re-jailbreak.

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
If your not jailbroken on 4.3.3 try jailbreakme.com real easy. Other then that if you don't have blobs. You would be forced to update to 4.3.5. Use tinyumbrella to check. Also Iclarified.con has great tutorials.

brayhite

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
N. Kentucky
If your not jailbroken on 4.3.3 try jailbreakme.com real easy. Other then that if you don't have blobs. You would be forced to update to 4.3.5. Use tinyumbrella to check. Also Iclarified.con has great tutorials.

But if I already am jailbroken on 4.3.3, I have to restore from iTunes from a downloaded IPSW and then rejailbreak?

cinematicme

macrumors member
Aug 2, 2011
But if I already am jailbroken on 4.3.3, I have to restore from iTunes from a downloaded IPSW and then rejailbreak?

you have to restore then re-jailbreak, ONLY if you have you SHSH blobs for 4.3.3 saved using TinyUmbrella. If you didn't save your SHSH blobs your stuck with how your phone is now or updating to the latest firmware.

brayhite

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
N. Kentucky
you have to restore then re-jailbreak, ONLY if you have you SHSH blobs for 4.3.3 saved using TinyUmbrella. If you didn't save your SHSH blobs your stuck with how your phone is now or updating to the latest firmware.

ah, I was afraid of that. so is the only way to get rid of all the tweaks and stuff is to simply uninstall all of them? if I can't re-jailbreak from a jailbreak, what's the most efficient way to remove all the tweaks and mods and whatnot and just having cydia and that's it?

cinematicme

macrumors member
Aug 2, 2011
ah, I was afraid of that. so is the only way to get rid of all the tweaks and stuff is to simply uninstall all of them? if I can't re-jailbreak from a jailbreak, what's the most efficient way to remove all the tweaks and mods and whatnot and just having cydia and that's it?

You can manage installed packages from within cydia, though just removing the tweaks probably won't remove all the extra .plist files and other junk that came with the tweaks.

Actually, http://thefirmwareumbrella.blogspot.com/ go get tiny umbrella, open it and save your blobs, there should still be a 4.3.3 one on your phone or cydia has it.

Like so
Screen_Shot_2011-08-14_at_3.41.02_PM.png

just click save SHSH and it will find the Cydia saved blobs and the ones for your phone.

If 4.3.3 shows up, grab the IPSW for it and click Start TSS Server, it will close itunes down, re-open itunes and restore then rejailbreak

brayhite

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
N. Kentucky
You can manage installed packages from within cydia, though just removing the tweaks probably won't remove all the extra .plist files and other junk that came with the tweaks.

Actually, http://thefirmwareumbrella.blogspot.com/ go get tiny umbrella, open it and save your blobs, there should still be a 4.3.3 one on your phone or cydia has it.

Like so

just click save SHSH and it will find the Cydia saved blobs and the ones for your phone.

If 4.3.3 shows up, grab the IPSW for it and click Start TSS Server, it will close itunes down, re-open itunes and restore then rejailbreak

Well it showed iPhone4 4.3.3 (8J2) in that box and I highlighted it and clicked Start TSS Server, but nothing happened (besides iTunes shutting down). I looked at the log and it said:

"For version [iPhone4 4.3b3 (8F5166b)] - This device isn't eligible for the requested build. 08/14/2011 16:07:56.751 CYDIA DOES NOT HAVE YOUR SHSH FOR iPhone4 4.3b3 (8F5166b) THERE IS NO WAY FOR YOU TO GET THEM. SORRY. YOU ARE JUST TOO LATE."

So I suppose I'm just too late. I guess I'll just deal with my phone being in it's current condition. I'll try uninstalling the apps and seeing if that helps.

Maverick1337

macrumors 65816
Nov 4, 2008
Well it showed iPhone4 4.3.3 (8J2) in that box and I highlighted it and clicked Start TSS Server, but nothing happened (besides iTunes shutting down). I looked at the log and it said:

"For version [iPhone4 4.3b3 (8F5166b)] - This device isn't eligible for the requested build. 08/14/2011 16:07:56.751 CYDIA DOES NOT HAVE YOUR SHSH FOR iPhone4 4.3b3 (8F5166b) THERE IS NO WAY FOR YOU TO GET THEM. SORRY. YOU ARE JUST TOO LATE."

So I suppose I'm just too late. I guess I'll just deal with my phone being in it's current condition. I'll try uninstalling the apps and seeing if that helps.

Your quote is for 4.3 BETA 3, you wan't just 4.3.3. If it says you've successfully saved 4.3.3 "and not to bug Sephamore" then you're good, if not, your SOL.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.