What's the easiest way to transfer iphone voicemails to computer?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by provoloney, Jun 27, 2010.

1. provoloney macrumors newbie

I've been looking for a way to way transfer saved voicemails from my iphone and save them on my laptop (for example, as an mp3). Just looking for something easy and as quick as possible. (It would be great if it even transfered the name of the contact automatically). Found some stuff on the web but it seems outdated. I feel like there must be a iphone app to do this, but I think I'm missing it for some reason.

2. IronLogik macrumors 6502

No app can access this information. The only way it would work is with a desktop application like this one

http://ecamm.com/mac/phoneview/

I have no clue if this will work with 4.0

3. provoloney thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks! That's exactly what I'm looking for (it actually seems to have much more than what I'm looking for, but it does have the voicemail stuff). I'm actually surprised there aren't more desktop applications that do this -- you would think more people would want a way to save voicemails on their computer.

4. coolings macrumors member

Have you looked into Google Voice? When you get a voicemail you can log into the website and download a voicemail of the phone call. Google Voice just opened up its services to everyone.

5. tunerX Suspended

tunerX

There isn't a way for a non jailbroken iPhone to send voice mail straight to an email.

How archaic.

6. LifeInLoFi macrumors member

LifeInLoFi

I second PhoneView. Great Mac application. I use it all the time to get photos, text messages and voicemails off my iPhone. I was able to extract much of my iTunes library from my iPhone after my Mac was stolen.

Highly recommend this app.

7. someone28624 macrumors 6502a

I use this with my iPhone 4 running 4.2 and it works beautifully.

8. tuqqer macrumors member

11-8-12: just a quick thanks for this thread. Was looking for a way to capture my iPhone's voice messages to my Mac, and found PhoneView to be the thing. It's not cheap ($30) but it archives everything. Thanks again, 2 years later.