Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheLegend

macrumors member
Dec 16, 2010
Use Safari or Chrome. I use both and they're both great. Opera is alright, but I'd stay away from Firefox and IE.

jackc

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2003
I used to use Firefox, but I realized most other browsers are a lot faster. I'm not crazy about Google stalking me, but i'm using Chrome now.

piatti

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2010
USA
Which one is faster? WebKit (I guess this is a lightened version of Safari? it has gold tint around the compass) or Camino?

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
Which one is faster? WebKit (I guess this is a lightened version of Safari? it has gold tint around the compass) or Camino?

Camino used to be great, but it doesn't receive updates like it used to. i prefer webkit based browsers which include Safari and Chrome. i think those two are the fastest and most stable. WebKit is a bit more unstable imo.

g3iBookboy

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2012
it seems to me that safari is the best, I have an intel imac and a g3 iBook and i have tried different browsers on the iBook and always find myself coming back to safari. seems to work the best with the os and doesnt act stupid like some.

youssefy321

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2012
I'm guessing maybe Opera. Is there a browser faster than Opera?

No way dude. Chrome is the fastest for sure. I love it. And anyway i did my science fair project on the fastest web browser for mac OS X and i found out it was chrome. BIG difference! Firefox is second and i believe Safari is third, but Opera is like fourth. So there you have it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.