iPad Whats the feedback like on the Air Smart cover? Worth the money?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Misskitty, Dec 1, 2013.

1. Misskitty macrumors 6502

One thing i hated about the previous smart covers was that the magnet was weak and popped off without much force. And it would scratch the ipad.

Is the smart cover much better and worth it this time? I plan on using it with a super thin back shell

2. laela macrumors regular

laela

Definitely not worth the money for what it is, however the direct competition is non-existent. So if you want the Smart Cover, you pay up. I cycled through a bunch of alternative solutions before I decided to pay up.

3. 3rdiguy macrumors 6502a

3rdiguy

Now that's the cold Apple truth!

4. Robster3 macrumors 68000

5. rbarry macrumors newbie

The magnet is definitely strong; I can suspend the iPad Air from the cover, and have to give it some pretty good shakes to dislodge the magnet. In ordinary use, it's only come off when I've ended-up leveraging it off by folding up the cover in an unusual way.

I like that it's light, and that I can kind of fold up the three segments over each-other to form kind of a handle/grip for me to hold on to with my left hand when working with the cover.

It stands the iPad up ok at the given angle; not the best angle, perhaps, but good enough.

With the cover on, it feels about as thick as my former iPad2 did without a cover.

6. MacSignal macrumors regular

I think the new magnets are stronger, but the new case has not been as stable for me. The Smart Case for my iPad 2 used to come off infrequently and I guess you could blame that on too weak magnets. The new case is flopping and shifting almost every time if it the case is in the lower angled position. It is a perpetual PITA.