What's the Final Cut learning curve like?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Fugabutacus, Sep 10, 2011.

1. Fugabutacus macrumors regular

I'm considering getting an iMac, although I'm still undecided. My main reason is that I'm a heavy video-editor and my current desktop is absolutely terrible at editing HD, and I've spent most of my life waiting while it renders.

I'm currently using Sony Vegas. While an iMac would be better at video editing, I'm kind of concerned about switching to an entirely different app.

Would you say it's easy to get used to Final Cut (X)? How long do you think it'll take before I'm ready to edit properly on it?

2. szolr macrumors 6502

I've never used Vegas I'm afraid. But I've tried out iMovie 09 & 11, final cut express 4 and now I'm using final cut pro X. Video editing, as with all my creative pro type work, is purely a hobby. I found the jump from final cut express to final cut pro x a pretty slight one. So not really a steep learning curve. I hear final cut pro x is more intuitive than final cut pro 7 was. :) Anyhow, you'll probably find more support for FCPX if you get stuck.