What's the furthest you've thrown your iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pacohaas, Sep 22, 2008.

1. pacohaas macrumors 6502a

I'll admit it, I tossed my iPhone to someone else about 5 feet away on the couch, but I'm interested to hear how much trust people have in the throwing/catching abilities of them and their friends.

So, what's your record(video proof would be sweet)?
    Was it your iPhone?
    Were you throwing or catching it?
    Did you(or your friend) drop it?

2. 15 noveltybread macrumors newbie

Last week I threw my 3G just about 4 blocks to my ex-girlfriend (stupid restraining orders). It had so much speed behind it that it actually went back in time a full year. When she caught it it was the original 1st gen iphone.

Still waiting for her to throw it back. Maybe it will turn into a newton if she gets enough speed behind it.

3. Nicholas.C macrumors 6502a

i threw mine on the floor. And it works perfect.

4. iMeat macrumors member

This will sound crazy, but about a week ago, I tripped going down the stairs in my house :eek:, the phone flew out of my hand and hit the wall. Put a 1/4 inch hole in the wall but the phone is fine. I have switcheasy capsule rebel.

5. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

At least it wasn't up the stairs

6. sonex macrumors member

i managed to fit the iphone in to my excretion area and i fired it across the world to hit you in the face for producing a retard thread..

7. bluenoise macrumors 6502a

I tossed mine onto my bed from the bathroom door (about 16 feet).

8. samdaman1313 macrumors newbie

ive thrown mine

i usually toss mine about 7-8 feet from my door onto my bed. half the time it misses and slams on the floor, but its fine :)

9. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I've tossed mine a few feet (4-5) on to my bed, but nothing more serious than that.

10. View macrumors regular

My friend was angry and threw her iPhone (her old 1st gen one) across the room and landed on the floor.... yea, she's on her 3rd iPhone now (3G)...
    Oh, and that was not the only time she did that...

11. kyledouglas macrumors newbie

I was riding a Starship(Graviton) ride at the fair, and my iPhone fell out of my pocket and started banging around behind the seats. At the end of the ride I made the operator pull up the seats and grab my phone. It works fine, but has some dents and scratches that remind me to be more careful. :D

12. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

I have dropped mine a few times but never thrown it.

13. Amt macrumors regular

14. d wade macrumors 65816

d wade

i threw up on mine when i was like 3 feet away... does that count?

15. mulze22 macrumors regular

I don't throw it that often except for on my bed sometimes. However I work for the City of Madison at the parking ramps and it fell off my lap when I got out of our work vehicle, I tried to catch it as it fell and instead tapped it and all of a sudden it flew towards the space between the ramps and fell down 3 stories. It is scratched as hell but only on the back and it works perfectly. I need a case but am too lazy to get one.

16. actionvaughn macrumors member

actionvaughn

Mine fumbled onto the floor onto the floor, but no damage.

Furthest was like eight feet! :eek:

Well into my the down comforter on my bed. :rolleyes:

17. RTiii320 macrumors 6502a

RTiii320

not my 3g but i threw my first-gen AT LEAST 50 maybe 60 feet.. it was already in pretty beat up shape, me and my friend were golfing, our last hole came up and i was winning by one stroke. OF COURSE 18th hole has a pond in it, and my first shot went directly into the water! needless to say that phone was thrown over the pond and landed across the fairway around 20 yards away.. of course it landed on grass but still a large distance thrown..

18. neesh0 macrumors 6502a

neesh0