Whats the go with Apples Video Card offerings

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by maghemi, Jun 17, 2010.

1. maghemi macrumors 6502

So out of boredom I have just been browsing around the Australian Apple store, and got into the Display and Graphics section. Expecting see 2,3 and 4 series old video cards for sale at pre GFC over inflated prices.

Instead I get in there and there is 1. Yes 1 available. The GT120.

I knew that the GTX285 has been changed to discontinued a little while ago, but 1 card available.

So I thought I'd see if you Americans were the same. Nope you have all available.

What on earth are they up to? do the rest of the world just not deserve them or something?

Not that I'm overly concerned because I already have my GTX285 humming away nicely in my machine. But still.

What is the G.O. Apple.

2. Vylen macrumors 65816

I brought this up a few days ago :p

The UK store has them stocked up fine.

Either us Aussies didn't get much stock, or we just bought more than others.

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Manufacturing of them stopped ages ago, Apple just bought the last stock and it's likely that their aussie warehouse just ran out of them.

4. maghemi thread starter macrumors 6502

I wonder if they're going to replace them with something else.

5. mBox macrumors 68020

Hmm I have a stock one out of last years MacPro collecting dust. Replaced it with a X4800. Is it worth anything?

6. Vylen macrumors 65816

The GT 120? 3 of them on Ebay.. $111 to $197 (AUD)... Do your own conversions :p

7. mBox macrumors 68020

Oh not much then, I guess Ill hang on to it just in case we move the FX4800 :)