What's the "greatest" feature that you like about your Macbook?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by mwhities, Sep 20, 2011.

1. mwhities macrumors 6502a

I'm in love with the trackpad. This is my first Apple system (I've had an, iPod, iPhone and iPad.) that I've ever bought and used exclusively. I sold my Dell Inspiron and added a few bucks to get it.

It's running great for everything I need. I'm not very demanding of hardware, so I'm actually glad I bought this used and didn't spend the money on a beefier MBP. (Although, I'd lover to have a beefy MBP or MBA.)

So tell me your favorite feature (or whatever) that you like about on your Macbook.

Michael

2. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

I have an aluminum MacBook and I love the cold aluminum body.

3. mwhities thread starter macrumors 6502a

I kinda wanted an aluminum body too but, I'm happy with this white one. I am actually going to try to find a matching black one too. :)

4. unixperience macrumors regular

mwhites, if you love the magic trackpad now, I highly recommend you download better touch tool (found here: http://www.boastr.de/ ) it is without a doubt the best thing for the magic trackpad. it has tons of gestures apple doesn't originally support, and lets you assign keyboard shortcuts to them or window resizing, all kinds of things. its the extra adjustability apple should've included itself. It also lets you do window snapping, to halves, quarters or thirds. IT is an amazing program I highly recommend you get it

additionally the developer has expanded it to support the magic mouse, regular mice, and custom keyboard shortcuts

you can also apply gestures/shortcuts on a per application basis, for instance heres something that bugged me, iwork/microsoft office, doesn't pinch to zoom, with BTT you can enable such behavior

But i agree the trackpad is one of my favorite features, its so smooth and absolutely lovely

5. myrtlebee macrumors 68000

myrtlebee

I have the last of the pre-unibody white Macbooks (mid 2009), so my answer wouldn't be the trackpad. I'd have to say the overall design. I prefer it over the aluminum any day - white and gray color scheme, the keyboard, port selection, speaker design, easy access to RAM, hard drive, and battery for replacement. The screen could be better were it LED backlit, and would prefer the multitouch trackpad also, but it's still a better overall machine for me than any other MacBook offering (I've had a black MacBook, white unibody MacBook, aluminum MacBook, a MacBook Pro 13 in, and a MacBook Air 11 inch over the years). My least favorite was probably the MacBook Air. A great machine, but I couldn't help but feel incomplete when dealing with the small storage space and lack of optical drive for the price. I found myself wanting to watch DVDs in bed more than I thought I would AND running out of local drive space to store downloadable media. I'm not a fan of the cloud.

6. mwhities thread starter macrumors 6502a

Very cool. I scanned it over quickly and I'll check it out this weekend. Looks like one can do a lot of different setups with it. I might be able to take advantage of that since I only have one-arm.

----------

My Macbook is the all White Mid 2010 and I love it. Being my first system from Apple. (Had played with a PowerBook G4 previously.) I agree 100%, the over-all design is perfect. I dug as deep as I could in docs before I bought and compared it with others and it just seems better.

I read on everymac.com that it out preformed the late 2009/early 2010 Macbook and even the MBP of the same year. (Benchmarks.) So I feel for the price I paid (650) was well worth it. It included the Magic mouse and the mini dvi to HDMI adapter.

--

Are any of you going to (or have you already) updated your gard drive (SSD?) ram or anything else?

7. doctormark77 macrumors member

doctormark77

my favorite thing about my black book has got to be the magsafe power adapter. It's saved me from a few disasters :D

8. Rivendell63 macrumors newbie

Rivendell63

I've got a MB white unibody 2010, what's not to like, 'cept the price ?;)

9. zeemeerman2 macrumors 6502

Macbook mid 2008.
    - Magsafe
    - Battery indicator (at the bottom, not at the side. But yeah, awesome anyway!)
    - Chiclet hard plastic (polycarbonate) keyboard
    - Two-finger scroll and rightclick (not multitouch, but better than most Windows laptops)

What I don't like?
    - The two bars at the top left and top right at the screen panel, that when closing the Macbook, destroying the topcase in the process (bit by bit).
    - Intel GMA X3100
    - Battery clicking my trackpad button on the inside when too much pressure is on the battery
    - The Macbook doesn't transform in a transformer at command (yes, I pressed ⌘). But that's trivial, really.

10. mwhities thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I like that too. No close calls yet but, I'm sure there will be eventually. :)

'cept the price?! What? Mine at 650 with a MM and mdvi-to-hdmi adapter was a great price. :p

Great post. I'd like to see the latter one as well. :)