What's the history behind MBP/MB tuesday updates?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by G.I. Joe, Jan 29, 2008.

1. G.I. Joe macrumors regular

G.I. Joe

Now that alot of us are expecting for the new MBP to come, everyone keeps on focussing tuesday as the day for the updates. I suppose it's some sort of tradition of Apple's but is there some special reason? Another thing is that the update takes place at 13h (not sure what US timezone). Is this another supersticious thing or it's more about being a good worldwide hour?

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

apple have traditionally done product updates and refreshes on tuesdays, although they have occasionally deviated from this recently, it continues to be one of their biggest trends.

3. G.I. Joe thread starter macrumors regular

G.I. Joe

But is there any special reason? Like Steve jobs was born on a tuesday or something.. :D:p

4. andrewdale macrumors 6502a

Actually, Tuesday is kind of the unofficial media release day. Most movies (for rent) are released on Tuesdays. Music is usually released on Tuesdays. It is just kind of a national trend to release new media/technology on Tuesdays.

5. akadmon macrumors 68010

Nah, it's because Steve likes to get up late on Mondays :D

6. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

more attention than a monday. since monday is 'weekend news recap day' really. and friday wouldn't garner much attention either since its end of week. thursday is late in the week too. wed is the middle of the week so it works as well, but since as mentioned a lot of releases come on tuesday anyways, it works well.

7. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

Most of these videos/cds/softwares are released on Tuesday, I don't think apple invented (again??!!) this.

Netscape used to release its browsers on Thursday.

8. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

they surely didn't, but they're definitely doing it hoping for maximum exposure.