What's the "i" for?


wwooden

macrumors 68000
Jul 26, 2004
1,993
138
Burlington, VT
It was firs introduced with the original iMac because it was supposed to be so simple to set up and get on the internet. Now it has just become synonymous with Apple and their whole vision.
 

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
1,965
0
New York
Searching high and low

[QUOTE: Might want to read up on the section on 'how to search' next time.[/QUOTE]
--------

Yes, the search feature is a readily available tool for users to take advantage of before posting something that has been addressed many times before, but so many items have been previously covered that others tend to follow prior examples.

It is also similar to why somebody in the office will ask, "Does anybody know who won the Academy Award for Best Actress in 2001?" Surely the answer to that can be found quickly ... people just tend to like the interaction that results from engaging others in the process that ensues.

The simplest solution to those reading repetitive posts is not to reply to them. Oops ... I am so sorry for stating what should have been obvious. I wonder how long the board moderators will ban me for.
 

After G

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2003
1,589
1
California
"i" might stand for "inadequate".
At least that's how the PBs seem to be right now.
Can't wait until Monday :-D
 

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
1,965
0
New York
After G said:
"i" might stand for "inadequate".
At least that's how the PBs seem to be right now.
Can't wait until Monday :-D
--------

Should tomorrow turn into another "Monday Monday" can't trust that day type of situation, some programmer will need to design a widget capable of guesstimating the number of Mac followers deprived of yet another orgasmic experience as they breathlessly await the latest non-spectacular, incremental boost in processor speed.
 

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
22,817
37
Andover, MA
Cinnamon Swirl said:
--------

Should tomorrow turn into another"Monday Monday" can't trust that day type of situation, some programmer will need to design a widget capable of guesstimating the number of Mac followers deprived of yet another orgasmic experience as they breathlessly await the latest non-spectacular, incremental boost in processor speed.
:D

Nice. And, sadly, likely.
 

buryyourbrideau

macrumors 65816
Mar 1, 2005
1,212
0
Chicago
im pretty sure that they still use the i for the lower model lines.

at least thats how it seems and you know power for the thug daddy ish haha

:cool:
 

pusman83

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 9, 2005
101
0
For the search function: some searches will yield immediate results. Most people won't look past the 1-2 first pages.

And with the time it took for anyone to comment on the search, those "superior" posters could have simply searched themselves and linked to those discussions. Don't always act so uppity, people. And people like answering questions (proof in the thread).
 

buryyourbrideau

macrumors 65816
Mar 1, 2005
1,212
0
Chicago
they were telling you to go post in those threads.

they couldnt care less about commenting in this thread.

they dont want threads on the same thing a 1000 times

i know i have posted about this topic a few times before this and i know it wont be the last
 

asif786

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2004
1,027
0
London, UK.
buryyourbrideau said:
they were telling you to go post in those threads.

they couldnt care less about commenting in this thread.

they dont want threads on the same thing a 1000 times

i know i have posted about this topic a few times before this and i know it wont be the last
that's true, but to everyone here who said 'go search', what search terms would you enter in to find the answer? i cant really think of any accurate ones to find this..

sometimes it is annoying - but in cases like this where it's hard to find, we must all be patient with one another :)
 

buryyourbrideau

macrumors 65816
Mar 1, 2005
1,212
0
Chicago
asif786 said:
that's true, but to everyone here who said 'go search', what search terms would you enter in to find the answer? i cant really think of any accurate ones to find this..

sometimes it is annoying - but in cases like this where it's hard to find, we must all be patient with one another :)
yea i am patient because i also went through the same things when i was a noob

actually i probably wouldnt even search for that answer in these forums, i would probably try googling it
 

iBunny

macrumors 65816
Apr 15, 2004
1,254
0
iPod does not connect to the internet :(

But I like the way it sounds anyway. Just "pod" would sound weird lol
 

revenuee

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2003
2,251
1
right now the "i" seems to denote a "personal" computer use ... vs. the "power" line for business

just like the "e" denotes educational

and the "mini" makes it an affordable ie; iPod mini, iMac mini
 

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
9,210
432
NY
mvc said:
i used to stand for internet, but now it looks like it might stand for intel inside ;)
HAHAHAHAHA...that mad my day :D
Does this mean i need to change my 'tar...... ;)
 

Mechcozmo

macrumors 603
Jul 17, 2004
5,215
2
asif786 said:
that's true, but to everyone here who said 'go search', what search terms would you enter in to find the answer? i cant really think of any accurate ones to find this..

sometimes it is annoying - but in cases like this where it's hard to find, we must all be patient with one another :)
Which is why I'm not that annoyed, but if the OP had an idea about search terms or something.
 

pusman83

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 9, 2005
101
0
I'm familiar with forums and had i been searching for something less vague (ie "new imac"), I wouldn't have posted. But, instead of searching endlessly, I posted and got my answer quickly. Everyone wins.