What's the "in-between" device you don't need?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bomsom, Oct 28, 2010.

1. bomsom macrumors member

Hi there,

I was just wondering what are you people hardware habits/needs because after I got my iPad I use less and less my Macbook Pro, to the point that I decided to sell it and get an iMac. The iPad fills all my mobile needs and I'll use the extra power of the desktop when I work on something more hardware demanding.

So, the MBP just turned out to be the in-between device I don't need anymore.

What's yours?:apple:

iPod Touch -> iPhone -> iPad -> Macbook Air -> Macbook (Pro) -> Mac Mini -> iMac -> Mac Pro

2. bobby68 macrumors member

My Sony Vaio P. It doesn't fit quite in between my iMac, iPad and iPhone.

But I'll keep it. I like it very much, and need to have a Windows machine, but it doesn't get much use, after I got the iPad.

3. foiden macrumors 6502a

Well, my Macbook Pro 13" IS my main Mac computer. I tend to use laptops like desktops that you can move around. I also have a Macbook (white). That's the main inbetween hardware I technically don't need, but it makes a nice shared repository for sharing resources with my MBP. Also, I really can't sell it as it's old and has a bit of screen damage on it. My other Apple devices are pristine.

The iPad, on the other hand, is something I often take with me, outside of the house. Don't need to lug around a laptop everywhere when a lot of what I need, away from home, is on my iPad. But there are occasions when I do need a full-blown laptop, so the MBP comes with me. It's not as thin as paper, but it also fits in small spaces.

I also have a Gateway laptop which is mainly for use with Windows games that are balanced to require a more powerful graphics card. I had that thing before I got a mac. It's a bit older, but that Geforce 8800 still has some use.

4. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

My Acer Aspire One I got in Nov 2008. I was pretty attached to it and used it on a daily basis. About a month or so after I got the iPad, I cleaned up the Acer and mailed it to my brother because I just wasn't using the netbook anymore.

So now I'm streamlined to MBP, iPhone 4, and iPad. Now, the only time the MBP comes out is for coding, video editing, or iOS backups. iPad's no laptop replacement, but unless I'm programming or video editing, it does everything I need it to do.

5. LiloThePleo macrumors 6502

My acer travelmate got handed down to my sister :p My iPad beats it hands down for what I used it for, web browsing and casual gaming plus a bit of typing here and there.