What's the license for applications bought from the App Store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MythicFrost, Mar 28, 2011.

1. MythicFrost macrumors 68040

MythicFrost

I've always thought it was unlimited for your devices, is that right?

I.E, buy one app for iPhone, can install on my dads iPhone, mums iPhone, my iPhone, my iPad, etc., (we all use the same iTunes account).

2. jp70 macrumors member

All iDevices that use the iTunes account the app was purchased on can share the apps.

3. MythicFrost thread starter macrumors 68040

MythicFrost

Yeah, I thought so. Why the ".." title? I was just double checking. It doesn't seem the Mac App Store has the same rules.

Is it legal though? For example on the Mac App Store any Macs tied to my iTunes account can share the apps, yet the license says only Macs I own or control may use them.

4. jp70 macrumors member

...no reason

I have 2 macs, but have yet to purchase anything through the mac app store. I'm guessing since they are going to sell all software through the mac app store and abandon the cd/dvds that you wouldn't be able to share with multiple macs.

5. MythicFrost thread starter macrumors 68040

MythicFrost

It lets you if you're using the same iTunes account. And, it is apparently legal, if you own both Macs. But say I had a brother and father who owned their own Mac, even if they use my iTunes account, it seems they can't do that? Anyway my point was, this is a similar situation to iOS and I'm hoping iOS rules are a bit different.