Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aicul

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 20, 2007
no cars, only boats
Ok, so here I was looking at a rental movie, chose the view immediate option. The phone rings so I pause the movie.

Then when I go to continue viewing the movie I accidentally press the wrong button and return to iTunes screen.

No problem, I go and press the rent and view immediate button again. Here it tells me that I have already rented the movie (I know that) and that I have to go to Preferences to see "available rentals".

I go there and get and endless spinning wheel. Gosh, I hope I don't have to wait for the whole movie to download !

Whoever thought this process needs to have his brains checked. It is absolutely not customer centric. Its plain and simple silly.

JPGR_Fan

macrumors regular
Apr 5, 2003
St. Louis
Exact same thing has happened to me. I blamed myself for pressing the wrong button. Came back the next AM before the 24 hours expired, but it wouldn't budge from the previous, wrong behavior. Clearly a bug, not a feature.

Seeing that I'm not the only one, heading over to Apple Support forums.

aicul

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 20, 2007
no cars, only boats
Exact same thing has happened to me. I blamed myself for pressing the wrong button. Came back the next AM before the 24 hours expired, but it wouldn't budge from the previous, wrong behavior. Clearly a bug, not a feature.

Seeing that I'm not the only one, heading over to Apple Support forums.

I sorted this out, I had to log out and log back into iTunes.

Probably linked to that iOS update that did not work very well last month.

Sort of disappointed that Apple is messing things up like this.

JPGR_Fan

macrumors regular
Apr 5, 2003
St. Louis

Thanks for the follow up.

I posted on the Apple Forum, but the several appropriate threads seemed inactive, with no "experts" getting involved.

Thanks again.

njl

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2009
SAT

Thank you so much for posting this!! You just saved my marriage!! :D

Actually, I'm a little pissed at Apple for this bug - my wife rented a movie today while my son was at school - she couldn't watch the last 10 minutes of it (she had to go pick him up). "You better fix it" :eek:

We've rented movies before; didn't finish them and got jacked when we wanted to finish them in the morning. Your post really helped us out.

Your solution fixed it! :)

unplugme71

macrumors 68030
May 20, 2011
Earth
I wonder what the bug status rate is now compared to 4 years ago. It seems from at least the posts here that it has greatly increased.

This is probably due to poor quality control and lack of training. Seems like things are being band-aid together rather than looking deeper into the code and actually fixing the errors.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.