Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jinkst

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 11, 2008
London via Sydney
Hi,

I keep getting this error when trying to download some of the themes in one of the sources I have on Cydia. It seems to only be from that source. Is there an easy fix for this or no fix at all? As some of the themes are very well designed I'd like to download some but am finding it difficult to do so.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers.

bella92108

macrumors 68000
Mar 1, 2006
You must be in Australia. It's a breakfast food generally served with corned beef, generally to poor people from the south. A mismatch of hash would be when someone serves it for dinner.

Jinkst

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 11, 2008
London via Sydney
You must be in Australia. It's a breakfast food generally served with corned beef, generally to poor people from the south. A mismatch of hash would be when someone serves it for dinner.

However funny this is, it doesn't help my predicament unfortunately, lol.

theman510

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2009
New Jersey
Did a little searching and found this thread. I am getting the "Hash Sum Mismatch" popup every time I try to upgrade some apps I have. And every time I click past it, it resprings and none of the apps actually upgraded.

This happening to anybody else? It only started recently.

findnemo

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2006
I don't know what the fix would be but, usually a hash is when data is encrypted using an algorithm, like MD5.

That data + encryption process results in a hash. When it says "hash sum mismatch", that usually occurs because the data you are downloading is different than the original hash.

In IT security the original hash must equal the downloaded or transferred hash. It's one of the many ways to prove integrity.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.