Whats the minimum resolution/type for projectors to run a MBP wall projection nicely?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Bobby Corwen, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Bobby Corwen macrumors 68030

So all of a sudden I looked up and I noticed I have a nice large white wall as I am facing it from bed. Instead of looking at a screen or having to get up and sit down to look at a larger screen, why not just stay in bed and controll the "wall" with my magic mouse or iPhone

There are HD and regular projectors. I am imagining using mobile mouse to walk around my room controlling the projection on the wall, using it to controll programs while editing, or for watching movies and YouTube.

I remember going to Frys Electronics and seeing some for about 400-700 dollars. But I don't know if they were HD. Do I need HD? Or for such tasks will standard def work well on the wall? I think it would be convenient to spend only 300-400 on such a convenient tool if it works well but if it's not an option and everyone thinks HD is a minimum for desktop resolution and visibility then I would be willing to spend more.

I have a bed stand and it would be perched up behind me on the bed frame facing an open wall about 15 feet away. It's not far so the picture could be sharp and semi close? In have a 2011 MBP that I would set next to it and plug it in and then run in clamshell or however it works and use my iPhone 4 as my mouse pointer pad.

Can anyone give me some background and recommend some good deals on projectors that will look good enough projecting a MBP 17" desktop?

2. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

To do anything other than slideshows and youtube, you'll need HD, and 1080 would be better. However HD projectors are expensive, and even at 1080, it's pretty hard to work with and have it look ok with such a big screen.