What's the next big thing in computing?

ruslan120

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 12, 2009
Computers, Phones, Watches.

AR, VR.

What will Apple's best seller be in 2030?

Elitegate

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2014
The chip in your arm. Projects the content direct into your brain.
Sounds scary today, but oh man that will be a thing one day. A microchip implanted directly into your arm or brain, sounds fun. Imagine being hacked lol

I'm actually serious, that will be there one day. With the current development? 10 - 20 years and it's there. Implantable Microchips. Not sure if i want that.

Reactions: ruslan120

ruslan120

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 12, 2009
That would be terrifying. But awesome. Short of surgery how would they interact with the brain?
Or are we talking about interfacing with nerves, the same way some prosthetics work?

P.S. If we figure out how to send visual signals to the brain, I think Netflix series instead of dreaming would be cool. Wake up having caught up on Disney's fourth reboot of Star Wars and feel refreshed.

Reactions: Elitegate

chown33

Staff member
Aug 9, 2009
inter-prandial
Whatever the next big thing is, I predict it will come in seven colors: blue, purple, green, orange, white, violet, and velvety black with blood-red highlights.

Only the last will offer the option of an ebony clock.

Reactions: millerj123

Zenithal

macrumors G3
Sep 10, 2009
Chiplets and vertical stacking for computers. It is the next big thing now for consumers. The biggest draw right now is the issue of heat generation and adequate dissipation.

millerj123

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2008
Whatever the next big thing is, I predict it will come in seven colors: blue, purple, green, orange, white, violet, and velvety black with blood-red highlights.

Only the last will offer the option of an ebony clock.
Damn. I’m soooooo looking forward to the ebony clock
- - Post merged: - -

It will be the AI stuff, but we don’t even do a moderate job with IOT. I have no hope for our understanding of true AI.