What's the next iPad 2?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ashjamben, Dec 1, 2015.

1. ashjamben, Dec 1, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2015

ashjamben macrumors 6502a

I've never had an iPad before, I've never really seen the need for one for me, but I've started thinking getting one would be a great idea to hopefully replace my ageing MacBook for quite a few tasks.

I'm not one for always buying the latest tech when it comes out. That's the main reason I buy Apple products. I've had my MacBook for 8 years and still rocking an iPhone 4s.

So, in terms of life longevity, which iPad do you think will be the iPad to last years and years? Keep being added to iOS updates?

The iPad 2 seems to have lasted years! It can still run iOS 9 and although it might be a little slow (I guess) for certain apps, those that bought one on release and still use it are certainly getting their money's worth. I'd like to buy the iPad of this generation!

So, what do you think?

2. Phonzoxd macrumors 6502

The ipad Pro

Never had we had such a huge jump in both Ram, Resolution, and boosted CPU clock speed.

3. haruhiko macrumors 68040

haruhiko

The iPad Air 2 of 2014 was quite clear the "iPad 2" of the time. It has hardware specs way ahead of what iOS 8 needed, and in late 2015 with iOS 9 (+all the multitasking, split screen, PiP madness), it still feels like (and is actually) the current generation. It's quite clear that it will get many years of software updates.

4. Cvx5832 macrumors regular

iPad Air 2 for sure. iPad Pro maybe but too early to tell. I'm enjoying mine though.

5. PBG4 Dude macrumors 68000

PBG4 Dude

Don't go older than an iPad 4. They were the first model with Lightning, and you might want that if you're looking into wired accessories for your iPad.