Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Chucked down the usual croissants and tropical fruits for breakfast, the traditional roast turkey (with all the accessories) for lunch and then a BBQ on the beach for dinner. It was lovely. :)

saabmp3

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2002
Tacoma, WA
Well, I was put in charge of the turkey this year so I made a deep fried turducken stuffed with sausages. Then I made a mushroom dressing for the bird. The end result was an amazing feast for about 20 people (large extended family) where nearly the entire 27 lbs of meat was consumed! I can post pictures if people want to see, it truly was an amazing feat.

Ben

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
i didn't have any good food this holiday season. very dissapointing. i think the best i had was the frozen pizza i made yesterday.

bbarnhart

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2002
At my Mom's we had some kind of honey baked ham (bleh), herbed rice from scratch (yum), green been casserole (who doesn't like that), blueberry muffins (mmmmm), scalloped potatoes (not bad)

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
that cake my friend brought over....
STRAWBERRY cake with cream cheese frosting

I think there was even some cream cheese in the cake itself.

It was so rich and so flipping good!!
*in a sugar coma*

neildmitchell

macrumors 6502a
May 21, 2005
Let see, ....
Wine - Chardanay, Mead, Cabernet
Tomato & Red Pepper Soup
Corn and poppy seed muffins
Salad - Romaine, Red Yellow Orange Bells Peppers, Carrot, Radish, Cilantro
Turkey & Stuffing
Yams
Broccoli
Green Beans
Collard Greens
Dark Chocolate

But the nicest thing that I ate today was a tangerine almonds, and pecans
while sitting in my living room alone with the light of christmas lights and candels (afterwards, when things winded down) listening to Brian Eno - The Pearl. My personal time for reflection.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jul 4, 2004
neildmitchell said:
...listening to Brian Eno - The Pearl. My personal time for reflection.

Beautiful album (with Harold Budd).
One of my all-time tippy-top favourites. :)

Applespider

macrumors G4
hmm, the Scottish sliced square sausage for breakfast was good, the haggis in filo pastry parcels as an appetiser was good, the turkey and gammon with the works (including sprouts and parsnips) were good but there were three highlights which get the joint 'nicest thing' award.

1. Christmas pavlova where the fruit (figs, tangerines, dates, pineapple) are marinated with cinnamon and cloves to create a really festive flavour.

2. Christmas fruit cake (home-made) laden with Ameretto

3. After dinner, tablet. A bizarre ultra-sweet candy made from condensed milk and sugar. Horrifically sweet but served in little 1/2 inch squares and one is really enough.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jul 4, 2004
Applespider said:
hmm, the Scottish sliced square sausage for breakfast was good, the haggis in filo pastry parcels as an appetiser was good, the turkey and gammon with the works (including sprouts and parsnips) were good but there were three highlights which get the joint 'nicest thing' award.

1. Christmas pavlova where the fruit (figs, tangerines, dates, pineapple) are marinated with cinnamon and cloves to create a really festive flavour.

2. Christmas fruit cake (home-made) laden with Ameretto

3. After dinner, tablet. A bizarre ultra-sweet candy made from condensed milk and sugar. Horrifically sweet but served in little 1/2 inch squares and one is really enough.

Bloody hell — you must feel absolutely stuffed to the gills!
Coming soon to a forum near you... the MR detox. :)

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
The nicest thing I've eaten yesterday, or today? Can it be related to food stuff? :)

My favorite of course is mashed yams sprinkled with honey glazed almonds. Yummy! I have this only once a year at Christmas time, so its the nicest thing I have. :D

Here's to the Crazy Ones

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jul 4, 2004
Lacero said:
The nicest thing I've eaten yesterday, or today? Can it be related to food stuff? :)

Unless you don't want to join the earlier posts deleted from this thread. ;)

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
New York
After reading a sample of the foods eaten yesterday, it won't be long before we see the "I need to lose holiday weight" thread.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
Blue Velvet said:
Unless you don't want to join the earlier posts deleted from this thread. ;)
Unfortunately, I missed out on some good reading? :(

Anyway, when I first read the thread title, I did think of eating a certain non-foodstuff, and posting my holiday experiences of it, but I didn't want to head this thread down a path from which it would not recover. :eek:

Really, the thread title is too suggestive. I am a little hot and bothered right now.

Here's to the Crazy Ones

iSaint

macrumors 603
Lacero said:
Unfortunately, I missed out on some good reading? :(

Anyway, when I first read the thread title, I did think of eating a certain non-foodstuff, and posting my holiday experiences of it, but I didn't want to head this thread down a path from which it would not recover. :eek:

Really, the thread title is too suggestive. I am a little hot and bothered right now.

uhhh.....
**CLUNK**

sound of iSaint fainting

Leareth

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2004
Vancouver
satty said:
Your Christmas Meal sounds very nice. Looks like German and Austrian Influence, not the prawns though.

How do you write "Schnitzel"????
Are we talking about this flat porky thing, fried in a pan (most likely with some bread crumps around)?

Ok so I misspelled it... I can be forgiven, after a meal like that I am happy that I could type at all:D
and they were veal not pork, and the cultural background is slovak and austrian, the prawns are a compromise for me since carp is also traditional but I can't eat fish so prawns, they are fish-like... :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.