Whats the one thing that pisses you off about iPhone?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bbplayer5, Mar 23, 2008.

1. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

For me, its a working chat client. Mobile Chat crashes more often than not, as does Apollo. The AIM on the SDK preview was nice, but Apple isnt opening up the memory. Therefore, every time you push the Home button, your chat client will close.

Something so simple yet Apple has to make it impossible. They arent opening up the memory simply because they dont want a chat client in my opinion.

Think they will put out ichat? I highly doubt it since they had a YEAR to do so...

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

VoIP anywhere, even on EDGE. Its likely that WiFi VoIP will come soon, but Apple have said they will block mobile VoIP from the AppStore. Hopefully it will come via Installer.

3. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Not being Verizon-based. Or, rather, that Verizon's a bunch of frigtards and won't let me use one of their World phone SIMs in America to pay them MORE money to use my iPhone on their network. Their loss, I suppose.

4. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

It's only REALLY available for AT&T...

T-Mobile is much, much, better (IMHO).

5. bigaug macrumors newbie

The keypad for texting... i have big fingers. It sucks.

Is there a horizontal keypad program?

6. Victor ch macrumors 6502a

Victor ch

The fact that is crippled by Apple (Bluetooth, carriers, 3rd party apps) I have mine unlocked and working perfectly. The other thing I hate is not relevant to my iPhone its our only carrier here.... holy s**t it sucks big time we recently had to add another digit to every single phone and now its all crazy and drop calls on a daily basis... other than that Im in love with my iPhone.

Victor

7. sananda macrumors 68020

the battery doesn't last all day for me and the fantastically slow GPRS browsing (not much EDGE around here).

8. operator207 macrumors 6502

passing data via bluetooth. I need it for my tomtom so I can get traffic updates on it. I am sure though, that I would use it for other things if it were available.

9. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

2.0? A Third-Party App in June?

10. nospleen macrumors 68000

nospleen

I hate two things, rule breaker I know...

I hate the delay when you click on a received text until the app fully opens. I also hate when my web pages go blank when I have multiple web pages open.

11. NeoMayhem macrumors 6502a

You know if they let you do this you would have the same coverage as if you just switched to ATT/T-Mobile, right?

12. g0g macrumors newbie

13. cheeseadiddle macrumors regular

Lack of A2DP and a quality companion headset.

14. hookem12387 macrumors 6502

I'm curious, what do yall consider drain? I get around 15 hours standby out of a charge with wifi on, and consider this pretty good. Is everyone else disappointed because this doesn't compare with their old non-smartphone or what?

15. awsy44 macrumors newbie

Some Crap

When i get acall and someone asks me for someone elses number and i try to go through but when i click on the contacts name i call them! which suckss, low speakers, cant copy paste anything, except if you use that safari native app for copying. some realy easy problems to fix but these retards didnt fix

16. FJ218700 macrumors 68000

FJ218700

17. billchase2 macrumors 68000

billchase2

AT&T... i had to toss my awesome contract with sprint (i had grandfathered in to all the vision packages and was paying next to nothing for unlimited everything)

18. ebutka macrumors regular

ebutka

19. phytonix macrumors 6502

T-mobile customer service is quite good. I hope their signal can be better in my region.

20. bdsmyth macrumors regular

Having had time to play here's my list ....

1) Edge, it totally sucks so connecting to the internet without wifi is not an option at the moment.
    2) GPRS, the most crucial missing piece
    3) Distinction on calls (missed, received etc.) and the ability to delete them based on that category rather than having to clear everything!
    4) MMS a phone without MMS is a huge oversight
    5) the ability to send notes as an MMS. I know you can do it by email but that's so not the same thing
    6) better bluetooth support. Not being able to bluetooth stuff to the phone from my computer is just crap
    7) better custom ringtone support
    8) the ability to select more than one photo at a time to delete. Seriously after playing with the camera having to delete one by one was a TOTAL pain
    9) better contact list support specifcally in relation to IDD support!

I know there's some application that help get around the some of the above but they're still limitations that need to be addressed.

Cheers
    Barry

21. BamaATL macrumors member

1. Not being able to change the alert sound for email via the GUI like you can for SMS messages. It's a simple thing to add.

2. The email audio alert only gets fired off if you receive an email in the folder that you are actually looking at in the email client. If you have multiple email accounts, you won't receive an audio alert on the secondary email account.

3. VPN connectivity is only useful while your device is "awake". Once the device goes to sleep for a while, VPN connectivity is lost. Kind of defeats the purpose IMO.

That's 3, sorry. :)

22. MacForMeOneDay macrumors member

The Phone

I love the iPhone as a device. In a lot of ways its become my laptop.

What I hate is the phone aspect of the iPhone. The earpiece is horrible, the "confused state of earpiece/wired headset" is a total pain. When I get calls the sound quality is very poor compared to my old Nokia 6230. The sounds seems to turn off during conversations a lot more than is reasonable to expect its the always the other people.

23. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Not a fat fingers issue here but I totally want the horizontal keyboard in both text and email.

24. Fuchal macrumors 68020

The one thing that pisses me off about the iPhone is how it interferes with every speaker in the world, including my car speakers, landline phones, and my clock radio.