Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xxray

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 27, 2013
Looking at you, Stocks app. Never refreshes unless I open the app and will often just appear blank with just “^GSPC”.

Has anyone else been having this problem?

Reactions: DeepIn2U

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
Don't use stocks but I do know that complications such as timers and stopwatch definitely refresh when AOD is in use.

MacDevil7334

Contributor
Oct 15, 2011
Austin TX
Yes my stocks complication hasn’t been working correctly for several months now. Seems to be a watchOS bug. I was hoping that the 6.1.2 update would fix it but it is still broken. If I reboot the watch, it will load data correctly for a while. But eventually it will go blank just as described by the OP.

Reactions: DeepIn2U and xxray

staggerlee41

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
I found in WatchOS 5 that the Earth complication did not update either. Rather than restart it, just swipe to a new screen and then back to it. It will be updated. Not sure if this works with the stocks complication. From my perspective, if a complication won't update, it kind of makes it irrelevant. So I just find another useful one and check the complication in question from my phone.

JT2002TJ

macrumors 68000
Nov 7, 2013
I would love to have the background complications refresh without having to "wake" the screen.

I am happy so far being able to view the actual time in a meeting without having to make a deliberate motion to "wake" the screen.

I'm sure this will be a AW 6+ feature and we will never get it on the AW S5.

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
VERY frustrating that a complication so minimal in data use (colour and text) cannot update even on a GPS + iPhone on LTE data or in home via WiFi + cable internet.

Now don't get me started with iMessages in iCloud promise 3 yrs ago and Apple Watch Messages does NOT do what it's set to do on iOS Watch App - Sync with messages!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.