What's the point of Photo Stream?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Pandalorian, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Pandalorian macrumors member

I don't seem to understand the benefit of photo stream. Basically, it stores your last 1000 pictures on your iOS devices... but eventually after you have 1000 photos you just have to sync everything via cord anyway, and then you have two copies of EVERYTHING: a PS copy and one in the "Photo Library"

I dont even want a service that sends all my Aperture imports to my phone and iPad. All that does is clog up space i could be using. What i DO want is the part that sends all my pictures i take on my phone and iPad back to my Mini and Air. Is there any way I can set up some- but not all- features of PS to actually make it worth while? Turning it off would make syncing very tedious, but keeping it on halves the free space on my phone :(

2. dazed macrumors 6502a

I use iPhoto to get them from the stream and then copy into Lightroom. I never attach a cord.

I find photostream useful as its a good way for the family to share photos. The shared photo streams allow me to easily share photos of the kids with the in-laws for instance.