What's the point of Pre-Authorization?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RUSerious, Jun 26, 2009.

1. RUSerious macrumors newbie

On apple.com if i pick up in store?

I'm trying to figure out whether or not i need to put a deposit down and how much i would have to put down.

I've entered my SS# and birthday on the site, and opted to choose the pick up in store option. I'm assuming a credit check was done. Would they have told me if i owed a deposit on the site or is that something done in person?

All it says is to complete the process at the apple store. Should i try for the actually ordering online and having them ship it instead?

2. RUSerious thread starter macrumors newbie

Anyone?

Did i pass the credit check, or are they waiting for me to show up before they inform me?

3. kristinaishere macrumors newbie

I could be wrong but I thought the pre-authorization was to let you know what price you would be paying in store. This helps the line move faster and causes no last minute surprises for folks who think they should be getting a subsidized price but aren't.

4. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

When doing the pre-auth it tells you the price for phone if you're an existing customer and also will tell you the amount you have to deposit if required as a new customer.

If nothing else saves the trip to the store and unexpected pricing.

I did mine online on last step it tell you the deposit amount. Would be on the screen prior to where it gives your closest apple stores. If it didn't say a price you should be good

5. RUSerious thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply,

I just want to know if the website would have informed me if i needed to put down a security deposit. I don't wanna walk in and have them tell me that because i do not plan to pay for one. I'm still wonderin if i am in the clear or did i just waste time doing that pre authorization.

Before anyone comments on my credit... It's not that it's bad... i just don't know my standing. The free report sites never worked for me.

Thanks styles, that's what i was looking for.