Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thinkadam

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011
Canada
When on a call, and you look at the screen...
You get 6 buttons...speaker, mute...etc.. the bottom middle is facetime.
What does this do? I tried a few times with no results..it just attempted to facetime the person I was already on with..

Anyone know?

thanks?

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
When on a call, and you look at the screen...
You get 6 buttons...speaker, mute...etc.. the bottom middle is facetime.
What does this do? I tried a few times with no results..it just attempted to facetime the person I was already on with..

Anyone know?

thanks?

It's pretty simple: it lets you FaceTime the person you're talking to. What's there to misunderstand?

Apple's Website

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Question, will FaceTime over Cellular only work with devices that are running iOS 6?

Correct. It's not available on iOS 5. Right now though, everyone is waiting to see how it's going to play out with the carriers and their data charges when iOSA 6 officially launches (Sept. 12-21).

newyorksole

macrumors 603
Apr 2, 2008
New York.
Correct. It's not available on iOS 5. Right now though, everyone is waiting to see how it's going to play out with the carriers and their data charges when iOSA 6 officially launches (Sept. 12-21).

Omg I can already foresee AT&T bitching about iPhone users using FaceTime over 4G/LTE smh.

RocketRed

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2012
Omg I can already foresee AT&T bitching about iPhone users using FaceTime over 4G/LTE smh.

They won't bitch about it. They're just going to charge you not just for data, but for including Facetime feature in iOS 6. Don't want to pay? You don't get Facetime over cellular network. They can easily block it with an OTA update.

It's AT&T. Maximum profits.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.