Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jazhawk

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 16, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
I see some talk about what students might be paying this time out but of the posts I've looked at, not much chatter about what a copy of Leopard costs. Another question I have is, does Apple have two versions, an upgrade only version and full version or is that just a Microsoft thing?

Yes I'm a mac noob so feel free to "get at me" for asking dumb questions. I have a pretty thick skin.

-Jazhawk

flopticalcube

macrumors G4
Don't know why you haven't found prices as they are all over the place.

Family $199
Retail $129
Student $116
Educational Institution $69 (some of which pass most if not all the savings on to students)
Up-To-Date $9.95

There is only 1 version (excepting the server version).

tjevans

macrumors member
Jan 18, 2006
... and to answer your other question, upgrade versions and full versions are a microsoft thing.

p.s. You won't need that thick skin if you'd just do a little research before posting. Those prices could have been easily found at amazon.com (or many other retailers) or even apple.com .

Eric Lewis

macrumors 68020
Feb 4, 2007
CANADA? eh?
I see some talk about what students might be paying this time out but of the posts I've looked at, not much chatter about what a copy of Leopard costs. Another question I have is, does Apple have two versions, an upgrade only version and full version or is that just a Microsoft thing?

Yes I'm a mac noob so feel free to "get at me" for asking dumb questions. I have a pretty thick skin.

-Jazhawk

full student price 116

reg 129

some schools may have it at there computer store from 69-99?

Bosox3

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2007
Don't know why you haven't found prices as they are all over the place.

Family $199
Retail $129
Student $116
Educational Institution $69 (some of which pass most if not all the savings on to students)
Up-To-Date $9.95

There is only 1 version (excepting the server version).

Ill add one small edit:

Educational Institution $69-$99

Jazhawk

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 16, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
... and to answer your other question, upgrade versions and full versions are a microsoft thing.

p.s. You won't need that thick skin if you'd just do a little research before posting. Those prices could have been easily found at amazon.com (or many other retailers) or even apple.com .

Thanx for the info and the advice. What I said is largely rhetorical but your advice is appreciated none the less.

-Jazhawk

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.