What's the process of adding 4g to my iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by BlazednSleepy, May 3, 2012.

1. BlazednSleepy macrumors 6502a

So my mom has the 4g iPad and has been loving it for the past few weeks. We got her the 4g verizon version so she has the option of adding 4g later on if she needs it. So now she told me she wants to add that funcionality and I just wanted to know how exactly does this process work? Do we take the iPad in and they put a sim card in it? How does this no-commitment thing work? I wonder if we can call verizon to activate it?

Thanks everyone!:apple:

2. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

No need to take it anywhere. Just open Settings, go to the Cellular Data section and choose your plan. It'll take you through the steps needed.

http://www.apple.com/ipad/4g/ (scroll down for these directions)

jW

3. Gilly Gil macrumors regular

Just did it myself, easy as pie... I'm trying out the 2gb plan first. You?

4. BlazednSleepy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Wow! Thank you guys! This is amazing! Lol such a small thing turned into a huge convinience. Amazing. My mom wants to give the 1gb plan a try first. Do we need to turn on the sim pin?

5. Gilly Gil macrumors regular

6. qCzar macrumors regular

Nope, the SIM PIN is there to prevent unauthorised access to the SIM, such as activating data and accessing any information stored on it. I have a PIN, but it's someone doesn't accidentally turn on my data plan.

7. BlazednSleepy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Got everything set up. So simple. Thanks again for the help everyone!:apple: