What's the process to untether after tethered?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by rvvisse, Jan 2, 2011.

1. rvvisse macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

I'm short on time (having a baby this week) and I wanted to get up to date with the latest fw while I still have some free time. Since I don't have a Mac and don't want to deal w/ the bugs in this current redsn0w... I have some tethered questions:

1. Can you re-spring a tethered jb without going through the tether-reset?
    2. When (and if) comex's untether for 4.2.1 comes out, would I need to redo everything? Or would it be a "patch" of some sort?

Thanks!

2. apunkrockmonk macrumors 6502a

apunkrockmonk

In the past on previous 3.X jailbreaks you could respring fine, I believe that is still true now with 4.X.

Also in the past with 3.X you just ran the untethered jailbreak over the tethered one and you were good to go, I'm not sure if it will work the same this time or not though.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

In the past you needed to restore and not run the untethered over another jb.
    What jb you had in mind cause Spirit did not let you do that over a tethered jb.

4. rvvisse thread starter macrumors newbie

Alright... well in that case... I'll wait longer. Got a perfectly good 4.0.1 and it's not worth the effort. Maybe comex will work his magic before the babe arrives. :)

Thanks guys!