Whats the real deal with 3.0

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thahater, Mar 26, 2009.

1. thahater macrumors member

thahater

Hi guys

I have 3.0 running on my iPhone and I love it the question i'm asking is will i have to upgrade this beta to a different beta? Will apple some how disable it? I would like to keep using it till the official os is released. I dont mind it being buggy cause after all its beta but i got to have the latest and greatest apple release. So if anyone have any info on this that they can provide it would be greatly appreciated.

2. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

If you want the greatest and latest then wouldn't you want to upgrade the beta? :rolleyes:

3. thahater thread starter macrumors member

thahater

I just dont want it disabled till the new OS comes out.

4. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

I'm assuming you're not a developer, otherwise it wouldn't be a problem. If you are a test phone then just get your developer to send you the next beta if/when it comes out.

5. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

All 2.0 betas had an expiration date. We can assume 3.0 betas will also expire.

6. diemos macrumors 6502

probably few weeks before the official release.

7. admanimal macrumors 68040

It depends on how many betas they plan on issuing before the official release. The 2.0 betas usually expired right before the next beta was released. I don't remember exactly how many times this happened between March and July, but it was at least 2 or 3 times.

8. rjgonzales macrumors regular

...along with the rest of your gear??