What's the real reason AAPL doesn't offer an Apple Store app for iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ohsnap, May 23, 2011.

1. ohsnap macrumors regular

The iPhone Apple Store has been out for a year now and has had many updates during it's short life, including one just this morning. They could so easily make an iPad native version if they wanted to. Is it because the web version works "well enough" with the iPad, why bother devoting resources into an actual app? For that matter why an app for iPhone? Do they think people are more likely to make purchases with their iPhone? I just don't understand.

2. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

On a 3.5" screen, the Apple website is a bit of a chore to use, especially when ordering items, and not just browsing.

On a 9.7" screen, it doesn't just work 'well enough', it works perfectly.

No need for an app.

3. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Redundancy?
    In the AppStore in iTunes there is a tab at the top to toggle between iPhone and iPad Apps. However, many apps are still universal.

Edit: I see what you mean now. The App on the iPad. Sorry for my lack or reading comprehension in the AM.

4. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Apple tried and submitted one but it was rejected because it was a direct competitor to Apple. Apple sent Jobs an email asking if Apple would reconsider the App and Jobs replied "nope".

5. dacapo macrumors 6502

Cool story bro.

6. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

Haha, that's a nice laugh this early in the morning.