Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
I glued myself to a bulletin board once..
I was gluing something onto it and held it there for a while..
when I tried to move my hand, it came off.. with some paper attached.

Not cool.

I also got attached to an ice cream bar once.. it was so cold my tongue stuck, but that's not quite the same, now is it?

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
dietcokevanilla said:
And yet you play the viola so well! :D

don't need a left hand to play viola.. it sounds the same. :p

what do you call a violist with two brain cells?
PREGNANT
I'll be here all week.

Amy Thaitene

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2014
My friend :p

The strangest thing I have been glued to is my friend, this is going to take some explaining.
I was at a party and there where like 10 people playing 'Spin the Bottle', my dare was to glue one of my hands to one of the spinner, who was one of my friends called Jamie,'s hands. The dare was to keep it there for as long as possible. We kept our hands glued together (at the party) for 4 hours and yes it was stupid because it was super glue. After the 4 hours my mom came to pick me up to go home but our hands had completely stuck together because it had been about 4 hours in the same position so my mom had to call Jamie's mom, pick up Jamie as well and then she took us to my house and had no glue remover of any kind and by the time we went out to the shops to get some they had already closed so my mom, get this, said that she felt tired and couldn't drive us to the hospital and we had to sleep with our hands stuck together. Long story short the next day my mom took us to the hospital and after like 3 hours of waiting in the waiting room the doctors separated our hands in like 1 minute with some industrial glue remover and luckily the skin on our hands wasn't damaged too badly.

I can tell you this is the last time I ever use glue again ;)

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
The strangest thing I have been glued to is my friend, this is going to take some explaining.
I was at a party and there where like 10 people playing 'Spin the Bottle', my dare was to glue one of my hands to one of the spinner, who was one of my friends called Jamie,'s hands. The dare was to keep it there for as long as possible. We kept our hands glued together (at the party) for 4 hours and yes it was stupid because it was super glue. After the 4 hours my mom came to pick me up to go home but our hands had completely stuck together because it had been about 4 hours in the same position so my mom had to call Jamie's mom, pick up Jamie as well and then she took us to my house and had no glue remover of any kind and by the time we went out to the shops to get some they had already closed so my mom, get this, said that she felt tired and couldn't drive us to the hospital and we had to sleep with our hands stuck together. Long story short the next day my mom took us to the hospital and after like 3 hours of waiting in the waiting room the doctors separated our hands in like 1 minute with some industrial glue remover and luckily the skin on our hands wasn't damaged too badly.

You also glued yourself to an 8 year old thread.

Tomorrow

macrumors 604
Mar 2, 2008
Always a day away
This is, by far, the most epic thread resurrection I've ever seen at MR.

To stay OT, however - I once glued two of my fingers together, but I did that on purpose.

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
Myself is the strangest thing I have ever been glued to. In 8th grade art class I would glue my thumbs and pointer fingures together and tape my other fingures and my arms. I did this becuase I suck at art and needed to have fun with my friends in the middle of the day. And the teacher was really cool about it. All she would do is yell at me for wasting tape and not working. But it was a lot lf fun and the only other thing to do in art class is draw things that look like crap and then people would ask what are you doing my response every time was "makin art!!!" The teacher would ask me what I'm doing a lot. Then I would go to Spanish (suck at it really really REALLY bad) and people would be like why do you have tape on your arms???? It was kinda hard to explain but I said I did something's in art class.

Last edited:

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
We used to glue coins to the floor and watch people try to pick them up as kids. I'm not sure I've ever been glued to anything, but I did have a nasty experience with expanding foam.
Rather than use gloves as suggested, I thought I would just wash it off afterwards. Boy, was I wrong. Basically for the next 7 nights I bathed for many hours scalping my hands with a Stanley knife. Never used it since.

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal

You sure glue yourself to a lot of things.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.