What's the stupidest "review" for the iPhone you have seen?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SolarShane, May 8, 2014.

1. SolarShane macrumors 6502

Browsing the reviews at T-Mobile, and could not believe the stupidity of this "power user". Numbered for convenience.

1) Did he even TRY the damn phone before purchasing it? For a “power user”, that’s pretty pathetic. I guess he also hasn’t heard of Swype releasing an iOS SDK.

2) He claims that every single app you have creates it’s own folder with no way to change or add new folders. You can create folders by holding an app then dragging it onto another app. Expecting widgets is also pretty pathetic for a “power user”.

3) What? I have mandatory expandable storage on my Nexus 5? Mandatory on Windows Phone devices? I think not!

4) “Today’s standards”. There STILL are 4" phones out there.

5) HTC One. Nexus 5. Both have 8MP (or below) cams. More MP doesn't necessarily mean better photos. Better sensor(s) mean better photos.

6) LMAO.

7) WOW. Seriously WOW. I guess he hasn’t heard of all the messaging apps and VoIP apps on the App Store.

8) One point I actually agree on. iOS needs SOME customization.

9) ????? Wow. Doesn’t Cydia technically count as a third party app store?

2. zipa macrumors 65816

The point about the camera is a bit iffy, but the rest are valid. That is not to say that people are necessary concerned about those. I don't care that I can't change the default SMS-app to something else or that I can't use 3rd party app stores. That doesn't mean that those limitations do not exist, though.

Edit: Also, the tone of the review is a tad too "rabid" for my taste, and smells like trollbait from a mile away.

3. SolarShane thread starter macrumors 6502

It seems too rabid for me too. My troll detector went off too ;)

If only this was real:

[​IMG]

4. Black Magic macrumors 68000

Black Magic

His name has Cheese in it. I can't take him seriously. Not only that, his points were heavily dramatized with little substance. One example: Bitching about the best App store with the best apps is ridiculous.

5. Dontazemebro macrumors 68020

Dontazemebro

Sounds no different than someone recently moved over from iOS to android and expecting the experience to be similar. Just in reverse.

6. BJMRamage macrumors 68020

BJMRamage

Seems this person bought a phone without using his/her cheese-brain.

most items Cheese listed are either (to me) irrelevant or nothing new. The iPhone has been pretty consistent for years.

This person either LOVES Android/Windows or some other Smartphone OS or LOVES to complain.

I'd take a gander and say this person doesn't want to hear anyone refute their opinion or in anyway help this person. I think they came to the iPhone (if they really purchased) with a biased opinion and merely needed to sound-off to say "they were right" about the iPhone.

7. zipa macrumors 65816

Mmm, cheese...

8. Zaft macrumors 68040

Zaft

9. mib1800 macrumors 68000

If you started out as an android user and then use an iPhone you will definitely find the iPhone cumbersome to use with all the restrictions and idiosyncrasies.

10. yowelaa macrumors newbie

Videochat Mac to Windows?

I have a new Macbook. Videochat works fine with Mac to Mac users, however, I can't videochat with Mac to Windows. It doesn't work on iChat and also www.mebeam.com (which only shows a blue screen). Please help

[​IMG]