Whats the technocal reason behind lack of support on JAVA 1.6 on 32bit Mac?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by clevin, Oct 9, 2009.

1. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

need a java app to run, and my first gen MB couldn't do java 1.6, soylatte doesn't seem to help neither.

whats the reason for apple not to port it officially?

2. Amdahl macrumors 65816

3. clevin thread starter macrumors G3

clevin

lol, it just about 3 years old, am I supposed to throw away my computer in just three years?

4. Amdahl macrumors 65816

Yes. How else does Apple make money? Really, if you are going over two years, the Great Apple is going to be disappointed in you.

Every two years is also a convenient time to re-purchase all the applications you already own, buy new peripherals with new connectors+adapters, rotate your tires, change the batteries in your smoke detectors, and re-take your Oath to defend the Cult of Apple from all enemies, foreign, domestic, and rhetorical.

5. Zortrium macrumors 6502

Snow Leopard adds a 32-bit Java 6 VM. Leopard only had the 64-bit one.

6. clevin thread starter macrumors G3

clevin

...mmm... throwing $$$ at it would be the last thing I want to do. So far Im not happy, but Im not in the "no way out" situation neither (my Netbook has win 7 on it with JAVA 6).

so am I correct in saying there is no technical reason for lacking JAVA6 on 32bit 10.4/10.5 macs?

Leopard is still an officially supported system, I hope Apple make some efforts here.