iPhone Whats the word on 6.0.1 and iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Dizzay, Nov 28, 2012.

  1. Dizzay macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2011
    Location:
    San Diego
    #1
    I remember reading about a month ago not to update to 6.0.1 if you ever wanted to jailbreak iPhone 5 since they closed some holes.

    However, with 6.1 around the conner I'm wondering if I should upgrade already or stay on 6.0 on the off chance this weekend is the one!
     
  2. dextr3k macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Nov 26, 2012
    #2
    I have not heard of any news of a release. The A6 might be a bit tough.

    But I would say, if you want to Jailbreak, don't update. If they release a JB, it would be released for 6.0 or 6.0.1. If they release it for 6.1, then you can always update to 6.1 then. If you update, then be prepared to do the wait game again for them to release a JB for 6.1. Hope this helps ;)
     
  3. ixodes macrumors 601

    ixodes

    Joined:
    Jan 11, 2012
    Location:
    Pacific Coast, USA
    #3
    Time to move on to iPhone 5S or whatever they label it. Hurry. IP5 is BORING
     
  4. Dizzay thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2011
    Location:
    San Diego
    #4
    With 6.0.2 out today and 6.1 on Beta 4, I'm pretty sure they're going to wait till 6.1 final. Anyone else holding out still?
     
  5. teamjaycub macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Oct 22, 2011
    #5
    I'm still on 6.0 on my iPhone 5.

    I never looked up whether or not if 6.0.1 was safe for JB.

    Now 6.0.2 is out.

    Should I update to 6.0.1 before the signing window is closed? (Is it even open still???)
     
  6. TriJetHero macrumors 601

    TriJetHero

    Joined:
    Oct 13, 2010
    Location:
    World
    #6
    advise from @musclenerd was to stay on 6.0 if possible
     
  7. Dizzay thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2011
    Location:
    San Diego
    #7
    Was this back in like Oct? or beginning of Nov?

    Might be different now to be honest
     
  8. TriJetHero macrumors 601

    TriJetHero

    Joined:
    Oct 13, 2010
    Location:
    World
    #8
    1 hour ago…


    MuscleNerd
    ‏@MuscleNerd
    Remember! JBers should always avoid updates (like 6.0.2 being offered to some devices today) to improve chances of using any future JB
     
  9. Dizzay thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2011
    Location:
    San Diego
  10. srf4real macrumors 68030

    srf4real

    Joined:
    Jul 25, 2006
    Location:
    paradise beach FL
    #10
    I was fortunate to get my iPhone 5 shipped on 6.0 weeks after 6.0.1 was being signed. I am not budging until a jailbreak is released.;)
     
  11. djmac7 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Apr 23, 2010
    #11
    Is there any way to prevent updates from automatically downloading to the iphone? The software update on the phone indicates an update available, but i don't want to update. any way to delete?
     
  12. trdspectacoma macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jul 22, 2010
    #12
    Just don't hit the update button. And you will be fine
     
  13. Dee Ann macrumors member

    Joined:
    Mar 28, 2009
    #14
    I just bought a brand new iPhone 5 from Verizon today.

    It has iOS 6.0.1

    The dude in the store was playing with it before he handed it to me and he started the update on it, I didn't know what he was doing till it was too late.

    Now it has a message on it that it needs to update to 6.0.2 but the battery is below 50% and it can't update because of that.

    I powered it down and did a full reset on it but it keeps telling me it's trying to update and the update failed because of low battery.

    What can I do? I am afraid to let it update to 6.0.2 because I need to jailbreak this puppy ASAP.

    I need my stuff like I had on my JB'd 3GS......

    Thanks!
     

Share This Page