What's the Worst Brand Name Case You've Used?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by scarboy6693, Oct 12, 2010.

1. scarboy6693 macrumors 6502

Just Like The title says. Out of the cases You've used that are brand name, which one (or ones) were the worst?

For me its the belkin shield micra and switcheasy nude

2. chanerz macrumors 6502a

3. makefunnyfaces macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

IvySkin. They're the only company I've had a decent amount of issues with.

4. arcturuz macrumors member

5. nexedzero macrumors regular

nexedzero

6. Dyspareunia macrumors regular

ScratchEasy Nude Ultra Clear... erh, I mean SwitchEasy.

7. Shawnstra macrumors regular

+1 more to the SwitchEasy crowd. Especially the Nude.

8. Macmar88 macrumors member

Griffin Reveal.. Scratches while taking out of packaging WTF!!

9. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

Maybe I'll get some backlash for this, but I'm gonna say Speck. I like their designs, but the material they use is so scratch-prone, I feel like I have to buy a case for their case.

After a week's worth of use, my CandyShell looked so scarred from just leaving on my desk at work to repeated removal from my jeans pocket.

10. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

I'll second this. I've had 4 Speck cases so far and they have all been of poor quality material, scratch prone or some other manufacturer defect. Fortunately, since all of them were free, not too pressed about this however I don't ever see myself paying for a Speck case....ever.

11. nivekr11 macrumors regular

SwitchEasy Nude. It scratched my phone taking it off

12. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

The cases for the iPhone 4 have definitely been lackluster compared to the cases for the 3G/3GS. I would definitely say that Speck has had the most issues out of all the cases IMO. I'm content with rocking my Bumper now because I've yet to find a case worth sticking with for the long haul.

13. der-kaiser macrumors 6502

Switcheasy and Apple bumper. Best for me is Speck.

14. bighabeeb macrumors 6502

I know I'm going to get eaten for this, but for me the worst so far has been the original apple bumper. The thing fits loosely, looses its shape, and offers virtually no protection whatsoever. In addition, I absolutely DETEST the integrated buttons on the case. Yes, I know people have been able to "boil" them back into shape...but 30 bucks for a case I need to throw in a pot with my macaroni to make it work? No thanks.

So far my best experience has been with the body glove vibe slide case: nice looks, solid feel etc. I have an alumacase and an atomic billet both on the way, so we'll see if they live up to their hype and price.

15. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

Use a hairdryer. My bumper is now nice and tight.

16. bighabeeb macrumors 6502

Yea I've heard that fix too but again...you're charging me 30 bucks for a rubber band, I'd sortof like it to not need a home-brew fix :)

I really like (as ashamed as I am to admit it) the body glove case that I have. Whether the actual protection offered by it is imaginary/psychological or not, I feel better about having my phone in it.

17. oplix Suspended

oplix

sonix snap. horrible quality fell apart after 3 weeks.

18. daemonite macrumors member

19. C-Dub macrumors member

20. Zildjian242 macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Incase. The slider scratched the crap out of the back of the phone.

21. tablo13 macrumors 65816

tablo13

What are the BEST brand name case? :D SwitchEasy has a LOT of fans in this forum, if you look in the iPod touch accessories forum. Guess they're not THAT good :p

22. Motionblurrr macrumors 6502

I think SwitchEasy was hyped up by itsmemorphious. The Capsule Rebel for the 3G/S wasn't THAT good of a case. Ive always had a hunch that mygearstore.com was co-founded by him even though he says he just reviews for them. Not to mention his YouTube name is a coupon code--I mean come on.

SwitchEasy IMO is overrated. Their new IPhone 4 Rebel is fantastic though, so they're stepping it up.

Belkin is horrible.

23. scarboy6693 thread starter macrumors 6502

I doubt it. If he was a co-founder, why would they be based in California when he lives in Jersey?

24. Catonow macrumors regular

I don't get all the hate for the Switcheasy Nude. I got one about a week ago and love it. If you like the design of the iPhone 4 but still want a case, the Nude is a simple, elegant clear cover that keeps the beautiful phone design intact and visible.

Even after a week of regular use, I can't detect any scratches on my Nude. Fingerprint smudges will appear, of course, but a single swipe of your shirt or a tissue and they're gone. People who complain their Nude is all scratched up or has a shovelful of dust trapped underneath after a day's use must be using their iPhones in a sandstorm or a barn. Average urban use doesn't seem to impact it much.

25. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

I don't like to hate much but my switcheasy is definitely all scratched up. Other then that I do think its an awesome case. Although I haven't used it in ages. A bumper style case is the way to go!