What's this? A small new Mac?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ubercool, Jun 24, 2008.

1. ubercool macrumors 6502a

ubercool

I just got this e-mail from Apple. What's this Mac shown in the picture? It looks too small to be the old 12-inch PowerBook:

[​IMG]

2. amusiccale macrumors 6502

The keyboard alignment doesn't look quite right either. But I don't see an iSight on the top of the screen, so I wouldn't put a lot of faith in it. Maybe the person has huge hands.

3. DJAznSensation macrumors regular

DJAznSensation

4. kabunaru Guest

But it looks like there's no iSight camera on it.

5. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

6. ubercool thread starter macrumors 6502a

ubercool

A 15-inch MacBook is huge, that looks more like an 11-12 inch computer. :rolleyes:

7. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

It's a 15" MBP.

Look closer, there is one there.

8. kabunaru Guest

Without an iSight camera. :p

Overall, this could be a new Mac after all. :rolleyes:

9. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

A 15" MBP is hardly HUGE.

10. kabunaru Guest

I still cannot see it. I am not sure how you can see it.

11. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

Try looking at the pic close, and you can see the black dot right where the iSight should be, and is.

12. Thetics macrumors regular

the guy doesnt have huge hands, its not a small mac. its a composite, the two were separate images. and this doesnt look like an official apple Ad. at all. The typography is pretty horrible as well. and yes, take a closer look, there is an isight. cmon people.. its not a 13" aluminum macbook, we already have one.. its called the macbook Air. ring a bell?:rolleyes:

13. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

It's fake. Apple never sends out emails with a full telephone number. They always say 1-800-MY-APPLE.

14. uamwf macrumors newbie

It looks almost exactly like the 15'' MacbookPro...you can see the iSight towards the top of the screen but it looks more like just a little dot than anything. The only thing that bothers me is the connection between the screen and the keyboard...the space (on the bottom portion) between the edge of the case and the joint seems to be too short or narrow to be a 15'', but that could just be because of the side angle.

15. anirban macrumors 6502a

anirban

16. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

Well, the number is on this page. It seems to be on lots of Apple pages.

17. marco007 macrumors member

i take my 15 MBP same way in my hands.
    one finger goes to kensington lock :)

18. tip macrumors 6502

tip

What's odd is that I got the same email as well - however, the phone number on my email is "800-MY-APPLE." Everything else is the same (although it's just a top-half crop).

I don't see how that MBP pic is PS'ed - it looks real to me. From wrist to tip of the thumb, it's about the length as the keyboard (eject to arrow keys). The proportions are correct.

19. BanjoBanker macrumors 6502

BanjoBanker

The photo may be a composite, but you would get the same effect using a 85 to 135mm lens to take the photo. It is referred to as "telephoto compression" and most photographers are aware of it. Telephoto compression can be used for all sorts of shots and is used a great deal in advertising. Having said that, I too believe the ad is a work of Photoshop, and not a very good one at that. Just a little something to further the aluminum MacBook upgrade rumors. :cool:

20. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

It's not a fake, it's not photoshopped, or a composite. It's a guy holding the current 15" MBP. Nothing more, nothing less.

Take a MBP, and put it in someone's hands the same way, and guess what, the same pic.

21. crkfc macrumors member

i did the exact same thing when i read this! i have some big hands and my fingers definitely went to about the kensington lock as well. this is a 15" MBP. if you look at the screen from that angle too, all you see is a little dot where the isight is.

nothing to see here. move along.

22. elmateo487 macrumors 6502a

He is right. Use your control + scroll key command to zoom in on it. You can see the black dot there.

Heres a picture.

[​IMG]

23. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Except not. There's no iSight. I'd easily buy it being a 15" MacBook Pro with the iSight photoshopped out. It's not a new computer. Have you ever seen a picture of the MacBook Pro iSight? It's not there.

[​IMG]

See? It's big and square and huge. It's not on that laptop. The dot you're pointing to is far too small and high to be an iSight.

24. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod