Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

techiebug

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 20, 2013
I just notice this little bar under the status bar in the lock screen. I tried changing the wallpaper but it’s still there. Not sure what it is?
095df362e21c504aa4ac548e664133bc.jpg

Ralfi

macrumors 601
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
From a purely instructional point of view, do people think it'd be more decipherable/intuitive if instead of the flat bar, it had a subtle arrow point in the direction of the swipe?

Something like https://goo.gl/images/AKzYXZ but flatter & triangular, in the solid form of the current design.

You'd then need to match it with the Home bar, which means it'll take up more room that people won't like.

But if you could remove them completely in Settings, then it'd be a non-issue.

Question though - if there's a pull down bar for the Control Centre now, then why isn't there one for Notifications? Possibly because Notification pull-down has been there for a while now, which means the Control Centre bar will also disappear eventually, should it remain in the top right area.

wchigo

macrumors 6502
Apr 6, 2015
I just notice this little bar under the status bar in the lock screen. I tried changing the wallpaper but it’s still there. Not sure what it is?
095df362e21c504aa4ac548e664133bc.jpg
They just added the bar in iOS 11.2 as part of an indicator that that's where you need to pull down for Notification Centre. Prior to 11.2, there was no bar there, which is probably why you were unaware of its existence.

Reactions: techiebug
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.