What's this button in my Gmail mail account?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by rockyroad55, Sep 19, 2010.

1. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

In my gmail messages, I open a message and the middle button of the 5, there is something that looks like "an arrow pointing down into a drawer."

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

3. The General macrumors 601

It's pretty amazing how you can just tap things to find out what they do.

4. rockyroad55 thread starter macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Yup, it sure is because I did that and the message just disappeared so I didn't know what the button exactly did. Thanks.

5. scotDWG macrumors newbie

Huh?

What folder does it move it to? I accidentally hit it I can't find the message now. What a dumb feature! How did this one slip by Steve jobs? Someone probably warned him over email but he accidentally tapped the middle button and it disappeared into thin air like my mail keeps doing

6. John T macrumors 68020

John T

Oh dear! Have you tried searching?

7. androiphone macrumors 65816

it is the archive button, the message goes into the all mail folder, and it is a feature not a problem it is exactly how gmail is supposed to work

8. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

9. Mcborden88 macrumors newbie

Pricks

Entertaining, cuz I know a thing or 2 about electronics, computers, smart phones, and iPhones specifically, but I didn't know this. Why do tech nerds have be such pricks about these things? Could you not have just answered the question instead of acting like an annoying little prick? Maybe this is why people didn't want to hang out with you in highschool?

10. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

GMail is all about the archiving. They basically want you to find emails by searching. Once you act on an email you click that arrow to get it out of your inbox.