Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rockyroad55

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 14, 2010
Phila, PA
In my gmail messages, I open a message and the middle button of the 5, there is something that looks like "an arrow pointing down into a drawer."

scotDWG

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2009
Huh?

What folder does it move it to? I accidentally hit it I can't find the message now. What a dumb feature! How did this one slip by Steve jobs? Someone probably warned him over email but he accidentally tapped the middle button and it disappeared into thin air like my mail keeps doing

androiphone

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2009
it is the archive button, the message goes into the all mail folder, and it is a feature not a problem it is exactly how gmail is supposed to work

Mcborden88

macrumors newbie
May 27, 2011
Pricks

Entertaining, cuz I know a thing or 2 about electronics, computers, smart phones, and iPhones specifically, but I didn't know this. Why do tech nerds have be such pricks about these things? Could you not have just answered the question instead of acting like an annoying little prick? Maybe this is why people didn't want to hang out with you in highschool?

ntrigue

macrumors 68040
Jul 30, 2007
GMail is all about the archiving. They basically want you to find emails by searching. Once you act on an email you click that arrow to get it out of your inbox.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.