Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PsstGreek

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 21, 2010
Tampa Bay
My mom's laptop keeps freezing and I'm trying to fix it. This image/icon appears whenever the laptop freezes.

It's the tower thing with the green waves coming out if it.
IMG_0134.jpg

jwingfie

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2008
Athens, GA
The white signal bars to the right is how you would connect to wireless.

Is your moms computer an HP? If so, I believe it's HPs wireless assistance icon.

PsstGreek

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 21, 2010
Tampa Bay
The white signal bars to the right is how you would connect to wireless.

Is your moms computer an HP? If so, I believe it's HPs wireless assistance icon.

Yeah. I'm good with computers, just for the life of me I couldn't realize what the tower was. But every minutes the computer will freeze up, the mouse and the trackpad. Then the wifi signal will appear. I'm thinking the wifi card could be going bad?

barredfreak

macrumors 6502
Jan 9, 2012
If your computer freezes every time you try to connect to Wi-Fi, it might be time to get a new one, yes? :D

It's probably a faulty wireless card.

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
Yeah. I'm good with computers, just for the life of me I couldn't realize what the tower was. But every minutes the computer will freeze up, the mouse and the trackpad. Then the wifi signal will appear. I'm thinking the wifi card could be going bad?

Looks like some kind of wireless assistant, try uninstalling it.

It looks like HP's little assistant icon. Uninstall it now. Completely pointless and just adds junk (and isn't reliable).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.