Whats this line on the screen everyone talks about?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by michael31986, Aug 8, 2008.

1. michael31986 macrumors 68030

i hear people say they have a line on their screen, but idk what they mean by it.

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

At the time the screen shuts off, like when shutting off the phone or restarting, a single pixel line of white flashes across the screen.

Some people think that it is a problem with the screens, and maybe that they are broken. Mine has done it since I got it in January, so I don't worry.

TEG

3. Next Tuesday macrumors 6502a

Next Tuesday

The line on my iphone is black and right in the middle when i turn it off. I think its normal.

4. michael31986 thread starter macrumors 68030

o well yea, but that just pops up when u turn it off, obviously its turning off the screen. i thought that they ment they have a line on the screen when it was off. I know it shows a line in the middle when turning it off.

doesn't everyones have a line in the middle as they turn off the screen. i think its suppposed to do that.

why would it be broken.

5. atluten macrumors 6502

I have a first gen iPhone and mine doesn't have the line when I turn it off. I think the difference between this and what people are seeing with the 3G version lead them to believe that their screen is defective.

6. michael31986 thread starter macrumors 68030

that probably means it's just that 3g screens are diff than 1st gen iPhone