What's this menu bar in safari

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by snerkler, Nov 18, 2013.

1. snerkler macrumors 6502a

I've not used safari for a while on my Mac as prefer Chrome, however I have used it a couple of times over the past week and noticed this menu bar/window on the left hand side of the screen (see image below, I'm talking about the bar/menu down the left saying related searches). I can close it down, but then it just reappears every time I go to a new page.

Does anyone know what it is and how to get rid of it for good?

2. Bruno09 macrumors 68020

See in the View menu: Hide Bookmarks Sidebar.

3. snerkler thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks, just realised I forgot to add the image and you still diagnosed it lol.

Here's the image in case anyone else with the same 'issue' sees this thread.

[​IMG]

----------

Just tried this, not the same issue I'm afraid. I've now posted the picture and as you can see there's a window on the left saying related searches with a load of links underneath :confused:

----------

Never mind, I've just solved it :p I noticed a blue T at the top left of the window and when I clicked it it took me to a topic torch page and seen that it was by the dreaded yontoo. So I went into preferences> extensions and low and behold there was a yontoo extension. I had this on chrome once too, although it appeared differently. I'm not sure how it keeps getting onto my system but I'm pretty sure it's from when I go on photobucket :mad: