What's this song iOS 8.4 issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TinHead88, Jul 30, 2015.

1. TinHead88 macrumors regular

TinHead88

I just wanted to know if there is a trick to this that I've somehow missed.
    I used to be able to listen to music with phone in pocket and ask siri "what's the currently playing song". She returned the name and artist just fine. Since iOS 8 or 8.4 I can find no way to get this to work as she always starts to listen to shazam the environment. I've tried all sorts of different ways to word the request but it always results in ignoring what's playing.

Is this a new bug that I should report? I used that feature quite regularly to avoid having to get the phone out every time I wanted to check the currently playing song.

2. decafjava macrumors 68000

decafjava

Maybe ask her "what song are YOU currently playing?"

3. TinHead88, Jul 31, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2015

TinHead88 thread starter macrumors regular

TinHead88

She still insists on listening... but I've now tested with the native iTunes app and it still works. It seems this issue occurs when you're using a 3rd party music player app (which I have to in order to eq the EarPods properly).

So the problem would be solved if
    -the bug with 3rd party music apps was fixed
    -the native player had a decent, flexible eq

My preferred solution is actually the latter as I'd prefer to use the native app but from my research it seems like many people have requested a proper eq for iTunes over the years with no hint from Apple that they are considering it. Perhaps a new influx of feature requests is in order now that Apple is going through a period of strong focus on Music.