Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BudgetBaby

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 22, 2010
I've heard it several times - someone says they're going to get lunch and someone comments "sandwich wa**er". Someone wrote on Facebook the other day "anyone want to go camping this weekend?" and one of his friends replied "tent wa**er".

Funny, but I don't get it.

sim667

macrumors 65816
Dec 7, 2010
I've heard it several times - someone says they're going to get lunch and someone comments "sandwich wa**er". Someone wrote on Facebook the other day "anyone want to go camping this weekend?" and one of his friends replied "tent wa**er".

Funny, but I don't get it.

In the UK I'd imagine it's from the Inbetweeners show, which is massive over here.

It stems from "bus w***kers" which is a joke in the show.

I know there's an American version so if you're in the U.S., maybe it's from that?

RossMak

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2012
In the UK I'd imagine it's from the Inbetweeners show, which is massive over here.

It stems from "bus w***kers" which is a joke in the show.

I know there's an American version so if you're in the U.S., maybe it's from that?

Pretty sure this is where it comes from I think definitely something that happens in the UK for everything.

Reactions: sim667

sim667

macrumors 65816
Dec 7, 2010
Pretty sure this is where it comes from I think definitely something that happens in the UK for everything.

Apparently in the inbetweeners US remake, they called them "bus turds"...... I did try watching a couple of episodes of the US remake, it was really really bad.

There's a comparison between the two in the clip

***Some people may find the language in the clip offensive***

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
I could not figure out for the life of me what wa**er was!! Haha. But yea my thoughts exactly. Perhaps a incredibly polite person that is attempting to not offend anyone at all. =]

Maybe he/she should have put a trigger warning on the thread. :rolleyes:

OLDCODGER

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2011
Lucky Country
To be accused of being a wanker is to be accused of being inferior in some action/attitude. Therefore, to be called a sandwich wanker by someone is to be mocked for not eating "proper" food, (usually something disgusting, such as pizza). :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.