Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jc0481

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 16, 2005
Don't worry this is not a gross subject. I have noticed for many years that I white flaky stuff on my face. Before I leave for work I get a rough feeling shirt and rub my face with it. I then look at my shirt and it has all this white stuff on it. But then I notice my face is silky smooth. It turns red from all the rubbing from it but it goes away after a while.

It's pretty much all over my face and including my ears. Putting lotion on my face helps somewhat but not much. It's not noticeable if you are a few feet from me but you look really close to my face it is. I want to go to a dermatologist but I want to treat it myself before I go to the doctors.

Does anyone else have this same problem? Oh by the way I live in a very dry state.

thatoneguy82

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
Beach Cities, CA
It also could be the residue of some soap/face wash. Some probably got into pores and it slowly started coming out, in your ears too. You should probably wash your face better after you put soap on it and dry it well.

The best face moisturizer I've ever owned and will always own until they stop making it is the Jack Black Oil Control Lotion.

21LrOzJMwKL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Give it a try, if you find that your face has gotten oily put the cream all over your face. I takes about 5 minutes to dry. You can try this by putting your cheek on the front side of the iPhone, do the procedure, wipe the phone clean then try it again on your face.

Chubis213

macrumors newbie
Feb 18, 2012
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Dead skin. happens mostly around nose and forhead

likemyorbs

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2008
NJ
It's dry skin. Use lotion and stop picking at it, it just makes it worse. I have it around my nose sometimes.

chrono1081

macrumors G3
Jan 26, 2008
Isla Nublar
You could really use any of them, they all do the same thing, they just smell different. The one I use comes with Proactive but its acne medicine so I'm not sure if you'd want to use that.

Last edited:

SpaceKitty

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2008
Fort Collins Colorado
I have the same problem, it's just from having dry skin. Doesn't matter what soap I use on my face, even just washing with water causes it. It's even worse after showering and itch all over especially when going to bed at night. Lotion helps with the peeling but doesn't stop the itching. Living in Colorado likely doesn't help my condition either. It's like this year round.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.