Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

visberry

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 25, 2016
New Zealand
Anyone know what AirPlay Dock is? I'm using a cable!

Attachments

• IMG_1393.jpg
    IMG_1393.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 225

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
If you google "stuck in Dock Connector mode", it is often caused by accumulated "cruft" in the dock connector.
Take a few minutes to carefully clean out that port. A few puffs of "can-o-air" may do it.
I will sometimes take a toothpick, and wipe out the sides of the port. You will sometimes drag out bits of lint, and other "stuff"

Or, might just be as simple as removing your cable, plugging in a different cable, unplugging a few times. Just exercising that port and the connector may take care of the problem.

visberry

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 25, 2016
New Zealand
If you google "stuck in Dock Connector mode", it is often caused by accumulated "cruft" in the dock connector.
Take a few minutes to carefully clean out that port. A few puffs of "can-o-air" may do it.
I will sometimes take a toothpick, and wipe out the sides of the port. You will sometimes drag out bits of lint, and other "stuff"

Or, might just be as simple as removing your cable, plugging in a different cable, unplugging a few times. Just exercising that port and the connector may take care of the problem.
Thanks, that worked!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.